BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-12-2015, 03:15 PM   #1
madxkilla
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i coupe and 2016 X3

Anyone have experience with BMW military sales?

So I purchased my car overseas through the BMW military sales program in Korea with the navigation package but I don't have the activation code for the navigation. I understand that the maps wont work here in Korea but is the code something that the BMW military sales rep should be providing me? He told me to just go to an American dealer, when I PCS back to the U.S., and they will give me a code without any charge.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 02:01 PM   #2
Renaud
Private
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 20i; 2002 E36/8

Same here... Diplo sales. And to make it even more interesting, I ordered the Middle East GPS, but, alas, BMW does not do Lebanon maps...
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 03:26 AM   #3
JohnAG
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 28i M Sport

Mine didn't come with the code either. I just assumed that I'll try to get it when I get back to the states. Thanks for confirming my assumption.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 09:12 AM   #4
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

you need an FSC code to install the maps if they are indeed available for your region. You cant just get a Germany Maps. You have to get the ECE maps which Germany is included in. Perhaps BMW has a Middle East map set you can look for. BMW is the only brand i know that its navigations systems work everywhere on the planet with a few exceptions while others you are looking at a head-unit replacement if you want the Navi to work on a market where your vehicle was not intended to be sold at. I have had a 2007 E90 and a 2015 X3 both US Specs purchased under Military sales here in Germany and both with partially working navigation systems. Why i mean with partially is in stock form both vehicles will have plotted routes working, they cannot receive over the air traffic information relative to plotted routes and there fore the dynamic routing options and warnings do not work until you get these coded. Once coded they work well and as intended.

Last edited by MSport_Jon; 09-17-2015 at 09:19 AM..
Appreciate 0