BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
W3dge
Private
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 2.0D

Automatic music volume decrease when using Pro Nav

Now I've done a search, so apologies if this has been covered before.

When using the nav today, I noticed that the music volume decreased when the worried lady started giving out directions. After a period of time, the music stopped decreasing and we couldn't hear the directions.

I know you can alter the volume when the nav voice is speaking, but thought it was neat when the music volume decreased.
Space Grey, Wheels, Doors and a boot, Pushy Finance Person pack (with optional walk out of dealer mode), Professional Medium Pack, Fully Eclectic Towbar, Autocratic Gearbox, Sporty seats, Heated Arguments, Reversing Assist Camera with Top View, BMW signature sills, Panoramic Glass Roof, have you considered the Pushy Finance Person Pack? ETD 22/12/2012
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by W3dge View Post
Now I've done a search, so apologies if this has been covered before.

When using the nav today, I noticed that the music volume decreased when the worried lady started giving out directions. After a period of time, the music stopped decreasing and we couldn't hear the directions.

I know you can alter the volume when the nav voice is speaking, but thought it was neat when the music volume decreased.
I think as long as the NAV directions are ON, music remains low.

Did you notice, music volume also depend on the speed of the car?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
W3dge
Private
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 2.0D

Honestly, I couldn't. All I seemed to notice was it did it, then it didn't. Will see if its speed dependant.
Space Grey, Wheels, Doors and a boot, Pushy Finance Person pack (with optional walk out of dealer mode), Professional Medium Pack, Fully Eclectic Towbar, Autocratic Gearbox, Sporty seats, Heated Arguments, Reversing Assist Camera with Top View, BMW signature sills, Panoramic Glass Roof, have you considered the Pushy Finance Person Pack? ETD 22/12/2012
Appreciate 0