BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
gator4life108
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

Hola from Spain

I have been searching through this forum for months now as I researched the X3 and there is a lot of good information here.

I am stationed in Spain and recently put my order for a new X3 through Pentagon Car Sales(BMW dealership in Europe for DOD members).

I had a hard time ordering since there was no X3 at the dealership to demo. I had to go to Spanish BMW dealerships to see the cars but they only had diesel engines. Finally my dealership got in a 28i and I test drove it. Never got the chance to feel the 35i.

About a week ago I started having seconds thoughts about the 28i and wondered about the 35i. So that is the dilemma I'm in now. Right now I have an optioned x3 28i ordered, but if I went the 35i way it would be a base 35i.

I love speed and power as I am also a motorcycle rider and love cars.

I noticed that a few companies already released tuners for the 28i engine. I emailed Burger motorsports about this and they said they have not tested the tuner on the X3, but it works on the X1 and 328i. This intrigued me since it claims to up power around 50hp and 50 tq.(numbers may be off).
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator4life108 View Post
I have been searching through this forum for months now as I researched the X3 and there is a lot of good information here.

I am stationed in Spain and recently put my order for a new X3 through Pentagon Car Sales(BMW dealership in Europe for DOD members).

I had a hard time ordering since there was no X3 at the dealership to demo. I had to go to Spanish BMW dealerships to see the cars but they only had diesel engines. Finally my dealership got in a 28i and I test drove it. Never got the chance to feel the 35i.

About a week ago I started having seconds thoughts about the 28i and wondered about the 35i. So that is the dilemma I'm in now. Right now I have an optioned x3 28i ordered, but if I went the 35i way it would be a base 35i.

I love speed and power as I am also a motorcycle rider and love cars.

I noticed that a few companies already released tuners for the 28i engine. I emailed Burger motorsports about this and they said they have not tested the tuner on the X3, but it works on the X1 and 328i. This intrigued me since it claims to up power around 50hp and 50 tq.(numbers may be off).
IF you greatly value speed and power than the 4 banger 28i is not for you..Suggest you switch to M3

Seriously - If you can afford it, go X35i if you need a cross-over. I've been in your shoes - you're going to second guess your choice for ever...We've got a 28i on order, but that's because it best fits our overall needs - which are very different than yours..