BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
iFroze
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

Yesterday delivery - Today reality

Received our Mineral Silver i35 yesterday. Wow. I'm overwhelmed. I do not know what to touch first. Thanks God for cameras so that it really helps me to make sure that the baby is not touching anything around. I'm kind of paralyzed and I would want to do some many different things with navigation, iPhone, settings, to call BMW assist…. but from too much excitement I'm just circling around without doing anything. I had normal cars before, but this car is like a child that needs to be protected and admired every second, and in exchange it will make you very proud and bring you to another planet.

Few quick observations: I'm so happy to get lumbar support, makes great difference to me. I'm not so sure that this premium sound is the best quality I have ever heard, but I should pay more attention to it so I can make a better judgment. Brakes are very responsive, but I wonder if the rain is causing the noise (not really squeaking, but you can hear a dull pressing scrubbing noise) - is this normal?

Otherwise, I cannot take my eyes off it. It's beautiful. Hope the leather smell stays inside a bit longer.

Also, I had wonderful, first time experience with my BMW Laval agent Eric (Nolet) here in Montreal and everything was done so smoothly. Price lowered reasonably, the car came even earlier then suggested, every time I have send him an email or made a phone call, the guy responded to me on the same day. It was a pleasure to deal with such a normal, straight forward, not pushy, but knowledgeable person who showed me respect. He even call today to ask how is everything!! It made my purchase even more luxurious.

Off I go to the car again…..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
Bustofa
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 XDrive20D SE

Photos please!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Congrats iFroze! Definitely post a few pics when you get time. With respect to your brakes, just a guess, but could be the pads breaking in? Someone more knowledgable can chime in on that one.

Dave
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #5
ssn007
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3

I could almost write the exact same thing about my mineral silver I picked up Saturday. Except after adjusting the bass and rear fade on the premium sound I can say I love it. Will take some time to figure it all out. The Mineral Silver Really is a great and unusual color. My old 335 was black and I won't do that again, to hard to keep up.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #6
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
1 (that's a plus to the left of the one there, you don't see it?)

Nice to hear there are some good dealers out there. Returned calls on the same day? I was lucky if my calls were returned at all

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #7
Upgrade15
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 White X1

Wait a minute...there aren't any! Better get on that! Enjoy and congrats!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #8
jlr_1304
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFroze View Post
Few quick observations: I'm so happy to get lumbar support, makes great difference to me.
Is this paired with regular or sport seats?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #9
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Please dont explode with excitement

Pleased you are made up and get the camera out when you get chance

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #10
iFroze
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

Sorry no pictures for few more days. It's raining in Montreal these days. I wish to go out of garage and make some photos. Especially because my leather seats are (Mojave) Havana Brown that looks different under different lights. Wish to put camera on tripod and make some HDR photos to capture it in details (then it needs white balancing, too), so need to be patient.

Even on the rain I was stopped by a stranger and asked about the car.

Exciting to have something the latest and to feel privileged. I enjoy the feeling of the steering wheel like being in a cockpit.

No sport seats. Lumbar support comes with Executive Package and replaces my ugly pillow from the old car.

Anyone else clue on the brakes noise? Sounds like crunching. Again, maybe because of rain?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #11
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 28i '10 535i '04 325i

Quote:
......replaces my ugly pillow from the old car.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #12
jlr_1304
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
It's raining in Montreal these days.
i'll rephrase :" been raining in montreal for the past month"
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #13
Harplayr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i, F25

Quote:
Sorry no pictures for few more days. It's raining in Montreal these days. I wish to go out of garage and make some photos. Especially because my leather seats are (Mojave) Havana Brown that looks different under different lights. Wish to put camera on tripod and make some HDR photos to capture it in details (then it needs white balancing, too), so need to be patient.

Even on the rain I was stopped by a stranger and asked about the car.

Exciting to have something the latest and to feel privileged. I enjoy the feeling of the steering wheel like being in a cockpit.

No sport seats. Lumbar support comes with Executive Package and replaces my ugly pillow from the old car.

Anyone else clue on the brakes noise? Sounds like crunching. Again, maybe because of rain?
As far as the brakes go, if I’m interpreting what you are describing correctly, I had something similar on my last X3. Mine sounded like a very light rubbing, more noticeable when backing out of my driveway. It went away after a couple of days when the pads broke in.

If it doesn’t go away in a couple of days, take it in to be inspected.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #14
gareth12468
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive 28i

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Received our Mineral Silver i35 yesterday. Wow. I'm overwhelmed. I do not know what to touch first. Thanks God for cameras so that it really helps me to make sure that the baby is not touching anything around. I'm kind of paralyzed and I would want to do some many different things with navigation, iPhone, settings, to call BMW assist…. but from too much excitement I'm just circling around without doing anything. I had normal cars before, but this car is like a child that needs to be protected and admired every second, and in exchange it will make you very proud and bring you to another planet.

Few quick observations: I'm so happy to get lumbar support, makes great difference to me. I'm not so sure that this premium sound is the best quality I have ever heard, but I should pay more attention to it so I can make a better judgment. Brakes are very responsive, but I wonder if the rain is causing the noise (not really squeaking, but you can hear a dull pressing scrubbing noise) - is this normal?

Otherwise, I cannot take my eyes off it. It's beautiful. Hope the leather smell stays inside a bit longer.

Also, I had wonderful, first time experience with my BMW Laval agent Eric (Nolet) here in Montreal and everything was done so smoothly. Price lowered reasonably, the car came even earlier then suggested, every time I have send him an email or made a phone call, the guy responded to me on the same day. It was a pleasure to deal with such a normal, straight forward, not pushy, but knowledgeable person who showed me respect. He even call today to ask how is everything!! It made my purchase even more luxurious.

It's raining last couple of days here in Toronto and the brakes of my 28i have the same noise..... It's gone today when we have sunshine.....
Appreciate 0