BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #1
madxkilla
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i coupe and 2016 X3

Xc60 vs x3 military sales

I am stationed overseas and have a option of going with either bmw or volvos military sale. Bmw has a great deal now where they are offering a 2015 x3 with drivers assistance package and the lighting package for 40k shipped while volvo is offering a nearly loaded (premier package,blis,convenience,heated seats) for 39k. Which one would you choose? I personally would have loved to add the xline kit and dhp to the x3 but that is not an option at this time. Both great cars and a tough choice!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 03:37 PM   #2
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
I know which I'd have ... Mmmmm

But being serious for a moment and having driven both I just couldn't get on with the driving position of the Volvo or the style of the dash so that ruled it out for me ..

Also in the Uk the residual values of Volvo are no where near Bmw so if spending your own money which I'm sure you are it becomes a no brainer.

I have an x3 on order through a similar scheme in the UK and to be honest it is a no brainer as the discounts offered on a car where demand exceeds supply make it a very good place to put your money. UK dealers will offer very little discount whilst very large discounts are on offer to everyone on Volvos

Appreciate I'm not talking about the US market .. But is it that dissimilar ?

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #3
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

I currently drive a Volvo V60 which the XC60 is a jacked upversion of and have liked it very much - XC60 looks great too. I couldn't get the Volvo XC60 anywhere near price and equipment level of BMW X3.. which was a little surprising.

Would have missed out on Parking Sensors, Electric Tailgate, Heated seats, keyless start, leather seats and slightly less badge appeal..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 04:14 PM   #4
madxkilla
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
I currently drive a Volvo V60 which the XC60 is a jacked upversion of and have liked it very much - XC60 looks great too. I couldn't get the Volvo XC60 anywhere near price and equipment level of BMW X3.. which was a little surprising.

Would have missed out on Parking Sensors, Electric Tailgate, Heated seats, keyless start, leather seats and slightly less badge appeal..

Interesting, volvo usually gives significant discounts. Im in the opposite situation you were in! Loaded fwd xc60 or base x3. Wish they had the new engines for the awd xc60
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #5
madxkilla
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
I know which I'd have ... Mmmmm

But being serious for a moment and having driven both I just couldn't get on with the driving position of the Volvo or the style of the dash so that ruled it out for me ..

Also in the Uk the residual values of Volvo are no where near Bmw so if spending your own money which I'm sure you are it becomes a no brainer.

I have an x3 on order through a similar scheme in the UK and to be honest it is a no brainer as the discounts offered on a car where demand exceeds supply make it a very good place to put your money. UK dealers will offer very little discount whilst very large discounts are on offer to everyone on Volvos

Appreciate I'm not talking about the US market .. But is it that dissimilar ?
I dont see too many xc60s in maryland but a ton on base in korea! Guessing its the military discounts.
Appreciate 0