BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-30-2011, 06:43 AM   #837
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

I expect at least 36MPG from the 35D M Sport I have on order, I think thew bigger engines handle the weight better and need less revs to push them along.
I had the 635D Sport and it gave 36/38 MPG with the old 35D engine and 6 speed box.
      09-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #838
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 2.0d

it must be time for some more new pics from folks picking up their new rides? lol
      09-30-2011, 08:44 AM   #839
Wig and Gown
Rep
Drives: Current: VW Golf, Ordering: X3

Six months later, order placed!

Hello again. A mere 6 months after consulting the wise and the great on this board, I finally placed an order for an X3 last week.

Went to my local dealer for a test drive. Not the same dealer as I visited at the start of the year. Told him up front that Broadspeed would offer me some sort of discount. If it was negligible, I would rather buy from a local dealer, but if it was significant, I would hope that he would try and match or get close to it. His response was that nobody was offering discounts.

Test drove the car and enjoyed it as much as before. Whilst the dealer was very nice, he knew little about some of the options. All he could do was read out the details in the catalogue. That's fine but I wanted to hear his perspective.

Broadspeed offered me a discount of 8% on my chosen specification. When I rang the dealer to ask if he would consider moving on price, he told me that he "wasn't interested". He eluded to the fact that he was annoyed that I had test driven his car and was now ordering elsewhere. Whilst I sympathise with that position, either start charging people to test drive (unlikely), or live with that fact that if you are undercut by 8%, people will buy elsewhere.

I ordered a 2.0l SE Auto in Metallic black with black leather interior.
  • Cold Weather pack
  • DAB digital radio
  • Internet
  • Professional Media Package
  • Mobile app preparation
  • Performance Control
  • Reversing assist camera with top view
  • Sports steering wheel
  • Sun protection glass
  • Telephone USB audio interface
  • Visibility package
  • xLine Package
  • BMW Service Inclusive Package

Delighted with the spec and the price. I'm told it will be ready in early March.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #840
troggy1969
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335D MSport 2016

Garage List
Dealers can be pushed, I got 5% off about 3 months ago, hope to have mine by Christmas
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #841
VikingOne
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e 2018

Wow, its cool

Picked the car up this morning, and it is fantastic, definitely worth the wait.
I only had one issue, the rear bottom X-line spoiler was not fitted neatly (see photos) its flush on the right, but dropped on the left, so as soon as the part is in the car is going back for a refit.
I fitted the Tail pipe in 20 seconds, just need to attempt the mudflaps when the weather is a bit cooler.

No other issues, no parts missing, electrical and mechanically sound (so far).

A few photos:
Attached Images

Previous: 2011 X3 2.0d xLine
Previous: 2015 X3 LCI 3.0d xLine
Current: 2018 530e 2L M-Sport I-Performance
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #842
VikingOne
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I am after some Chrome Wheel Nut Covers (example in link), anyone tell me if I need 17 or 19mm?
Thanks in advance, for any help.

Just noticed the locking wheel nut is larger than the others, so I assume these are not going to work.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wheel-Nut-Co...7400166&sr=8-6

Last edited by VikingOne; 09-30-2011 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 11:45 AM   #843
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep

great pics mate and looking good

errmm.. i can't see what's wrong with the xline
      09-30-2011, 11:58 AM   #844
VikingOne
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude00 View Post
errmm.. i can't see what's wrong with the xline
Look at the left hand side of the rear photo, you can see a white area, where the rear spoiler attachment is coming away. Its flush on the right hand side. Just a cosmetic issue.

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 12:14 PM   #845
Chudwill
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d MSport & 123d MSport

We pickup up my X3 2.0d M Sport on the 28th September 2 days ago. Ordered at the end of February and was expected at the end of Octiber so a whole month in advance well done BMW and Sytner Solihull.

I have to report I am in general very pleased with the car. My concerns on the engine have been eradicated as I ordered with VDC and have to say the difference in Normal and Sport mode is superb. Its comfy shall we say when the wife is in with me and stiff but responsive when I’m on my own. The colour both outside and inside work well (pat on the back for me!!), and the Pro Nav system is excellent not even scratched the surface of it yet.

Currently getting around 41mpg but the car has only got 340 miles on it so expect it to be a little thirsty at the moment hopefully that will improve over the coming months.

I have put a few pictures on the listing I should have done it when it was less than a day old to me, but got tied up with other things.

The only thing I am missing at the moment is the driver’s draw/cubby hole. I would have ordered the extended storage if I would have known that wasn’t included in the standard spec. Hopefully I can retrofit this as the storage space in the car isn’t great, and whose idea is it to remove the rubbish bin.

Fantastic car and as good as everyone thinks it is on these forums. Has anyone notice how many people stop and stare at the car. Got caught by a man a the garage who said 'that is one bonny motor'.
Attached Images

BMW X3 (F25) xDrive20d M Sport . . Space Grey . . 368M . . Oyster Leather . . Fine line Wave trim . . PRO Multimedia Package . . Visibility package . . . Lumbar Support seats . . folding mirrors . . DAB radio . . business speakers . . split rear seats . . . Reversing Camera with Top View . . . Variable Damper Control . . . Auto . . . Heated Front Seats . . . Mobile App
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #846
Max1Factor
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive20i M Sport

Indeed a bonny motor. Enjoy. (I'm getting 41mpg too, early days).
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #847
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep

nice looking motor... and agreed.. if i knew extended storage came with the driver's cubby hole, i would have gone for it too! too late to regret now but it was only 150 quid as an option which is what pissed me off!
      09-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #848
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingOne View Post
I only had one issue, the rear bottom X-line spoiler was not fitted neatly (see photos) its flush on the right, but dropped on the left, so as soon as the part is in the car is going back for a refit.
I fitted the Tail pipe in 20 seconds, just need to attempt the mudflaps when the weather is a bit cooler.

A few photos:
Congrats, great pic's.
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #849
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chudwill View Post
We pickup up my X3 2.0d M Sport on the 28th September 2 days ago. Ordered at the end of February and was expected at the end of Octiber so a whole month in advance well done BMW and Sytner Solihull.

I have to report I am in general very pleased with the car. My concerns on the engine have been eradicated as I ordered with VDC and have to say the difference in Normal and Sport mode is superb. Its comfy shall we say when the wife is in with me and stiff but responsive when I’m on my own. The colour both outside and inside work well (pat on the back for me!!), and the Pro Nav system is excellent not even scratched the surface of it yet.

Currently getting around 41mpg but the car has only got 340 miles on it so expect it to be a little thirsty at the moment hopefully that will improve over the coming months.

I have put a few pictures on the listing I should have done it when it was less than a day old to me, but got tied up with other things.

The only thing I am missing at the moment is the driver’s draw/cubby hole. I would have ordered the extended storage if I would have known that wasn’t included in the standard spec. Hopefully I can retrofit this as the storage space in the car isn’t great, and whose idea is it to remove the rubbish bin.

Fantastic car and as good as everyone thinks it is on these forums. Has anyone notice how many people stop and stare at the car. Got caught by a man a the garage who said 'that is one bonny motor'.
Congrats, great colour combo and good pic's .
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #850
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Cool cars guys!
      09-30-2011, 02:44 PM   #851
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingOne View Post

A few photos:
Looks great Viking! Congrats! Will keep an eye out for you

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 02:48 PM   #852
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wig and Gown View Post
Hello again. A mere 6 months after consulting the wise and the great on this board, I finally placed an order for an X3 last week.

Went to my local dealer for a test drive. Not the same dealer as I visited at the start of the year. Told him up front that Broadspeed would offer me some sort of discount. If it was negligible, I would rather buy from a local dealer, but if it was significant, I would hope that he would try and match or get close to it. His response was that nobody was offering discounts.

Test drove the car and enjoyed it as much as before. Whilst the dealer was very nice, he knew little about some of the options. All he could do was read out the details in the catalogue. That's fine but I wanted to hear his perspective.

Broadspeed offered me a discount of 8% on my chosen specification. When I rang the dealer to ask if he would consider moving on price, he told me that he "wasn't interested". He eluded to the fact that he was annoyed that I had test driven his car and was now ordering elsewhere. Whilst I sympathise with that position, either start charging people to test drive (unlikely), or live with that fact that if you are undercut by 8%, people will buy elsewhere.

I ordered a 2.0l SE Auto in Metallic black with black leather interior.
  • Cold Weather pack
  • DAB digital radio
  • Internet
  • Professional Media Package
  • Mobile app preparation
  • Performance Control
  • Reversing assist camera with top view
  • Sports steering wheel
  • Sun protection glass
  • Telephone USB audio interface
  • Visibility package
  • xLine Package
  • BMW Service Inclusive Package

Delighted with the spec and the price. I'm told it will be ready in early March.
A word of warning. I ordered through Buy A Car.co.uk last December, really good price £42700 for a fully loaded X3 2.0D SE.
Told would be 12-14 weeks to delivery, then changed to June, then July then told maybe September. They would not tell who the dealer was, give me a biuld week or a VIN number, they just kept saying it was on target
I kept pestering them for info, July 26 told me their dealer could not supply the car, no reason given,7 months of waiting down the pan, but i think the price was way too low.
As Broadspeed is basically the same style of company where big discounts are offered, BMW are not to impressed with them lets say.
I was very lucky to find a build slot at very very short notice .
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #853
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Congrats Chudwill. Good colour combination - works well. Enjoy

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #854
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:

How come your Road Tax is 31/8/12, mine runs to 30/9/12 when we both picked our cars up on the same day
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #855
Chudwill
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d MSport & 123d MSport

If I remember correctly as it's a new car they can pay the extra days and get a full 12 months plus 7 days. Looks like my dealer didn't do that.
BMW X3 (F25) xDrive20d M Sport . . Space Grey . . 368M . . Oyster Leather . . Fine line Wave trim . . PRO Multimedia Package . . Visibility package . . . Lumbar Support seats . . folding mirrors . . DAB radio . . business speakers . . split rear seats . . . Reversing Camera with Top View . . . Variable Damper Control . . . Auto . . . Heated Front Seats . . . Mobile App
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 03:23 PM   #856
Wig and Gown
Rep
Drives: Current: VW Golf, Ordering: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJWilson View Post
A word of warning. I ordered through Buy A Car.co.uk last December, really good price £42700 for a fully loaded X3 2.0D SE.
Told would be 12-14 weeks to delivery, then changed to June, then July then told maybe September. They would not tell who the dealer was, give me a biuld week or a VIN number, they just kept saying it was on target
I kept pestering them for info, July 26 told me their dealer could not supply the car, no reason given,7 months of waiting down the pan, but i think the price was way too low.
As Broadspeed is basically the same style of company where big discounts are offered, BMW are not to impressed with them lets say.
Thanks. I bought my previous car through Drive the deal and I must say I was more impressed with them in that after taking my deposit, I was put straight in touch with the dealer with whom I had all further dealings.

Had I been quoted a very short lead time, the alarm bells might have gone off.

Has anyone on here bought an X3 via Broadspeed?

(PS: Care to expand on BMW not being happy? I know that DtD no longer sell BMW's because they can't find a dealer who will work with them)
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #857
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJWilson View Post
+1 on the warning. Be careful as there are at least 2 XBimmer UK members with cancelled orders from 3rd parties that couldn't deliver. I think there was no money lost, just a lot of time wasted

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #858
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
If I remember correctly as it's a new car they can pay the extra days and get a full 12 months plus 7 days. Looks like my dealer didn't do that.
At only £125/year it's no great loss

Appreciate 0