BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-31-2017, 05:36 PM   #1
Archer Hood
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M Sport Sept. 2013

Smile Aftermarket Power Tailgate Installation

I don’t know if the post face lift X3 F25 in the US & Canada was offered with a Powered tailgate option or if, as it is now in the UK offered at all trim levels as standard.
But when I purchased my X3 in Sept. 2013, this optional extra cost an additional £385.00. Unfortunately I opted not to have this option only to regret this decision later. So I decided a couple of mouths ago to see if there was a viable aftermarket system I could install my self. I found one sold by a Chines company called 'Autoease Technology Ltd.’ After making enquires via a their sale manager by the name Tao, I decide to purchase their system. The system cost me $399.00 + $69.00 p+p, I was reimbursed the p+p under a scheme the company operates under the name “Review Award Plan”
I have completed the stallion of this Aftermarket Power Tailgate system. The equipment supplied is manufacture to a high standard and works just as though it had been fitted by BMW. It operates via the key fob, the tailgate latch switch by the number plate, a switch (supplied) I installed in the tailgate trim 3” left of the gate latch hoop and a switch (supplied) I installed in the internal kick trim on the drivers side. I am very pleased with the system and got a lot of pride and pleasure installing the system. The only downer was the somewhat lack lustre installation manual which could only be described as very basic.
I have created a video of the installation process of the system and posted it on Youtube the URL address is
Hope you all who view it enjoy it.
Appreciate 2
      06-01-2017, 08:59 AM   #2
Lurcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 z4

Wow - you better be getting paid for the video. Great job...
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 10:24 PM   #3
Carlos Hermida
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 2012

Congrats Archer for the video !
I am inclined to order one for mine X3 after saw your installation video.
Do you matter to send me the pdf manual to see all details of it before I order it?

Thanks in advance !
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2017, 09:19 AM   #4
Archer Hood
Registered
Rep

Hi Carlos
I will when I get home from a summer vacation in Germany, as I have only got my phone with me and the Wifi connection is what can only be disrobed as abismal. But "Autoease Technolagy Ltd" into Google search, you will get their Web site. Pick up the Email address of their customer services and send an Email to their sales managerTao, asking him to send you a manual, he will you need to give him information, like year of manufacture.
Kind Regards Ray
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2017, 09:38 PM   #5
Carlos Hermida
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer Hood View Post
Hi Carlos
I will when I get home from a summer vacation in Germany, as I have only got my phone with me and the Wifi connection is what can only be disrobed as abismal. But "Autoease Technolagy Ltd" into Google search, you will get their Web site. Pick up the Email address of their customer services and send an Email to their sales managerTao, asking him to send you a manual, he will you need to give him information, like year of manufacture.
Kind Regards Ray
Enjoy your vacation and thank you Ray !
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 09:36 PM   #6
Chan168
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

They raised the price to $599 and also used Ray's video on their website.
http://www.autoease.com/product/liftgate/
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2017, 06:28 PM   #7
Archer Hood
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chan168 View Post
They raised the price to $599 and also used Ray's video on their website.
http://www.autoease.com/product/liftgate/
Hi Chan168
I am misty fied by the autoease Email address you have posted in you message. I have to confess I appeares to be the same company I bought my kit from and yes the are advertising the kit for the X3 at $599.00. But on the site with this address "http://www.che1.com", the kit is shown at a price of $599.00, but this is crossed out and a special offer price of $399.00 is the offer price.
All i can think is that they are operating moor than just site.
Appreciate 0