BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #881
Bustofa
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 XDrive20D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Are any other UK orders imminent? I've lost count! I assume these were all on the same boat
Mine is built and according to the dealer has left the factory. Now, it could easily have made the Mignon which sailed last Wednesday or the Integrity which sailed on Thursday.
However, my VIN isn't showing up on the 2W site. Strangely, perhaps, I can see cars destined for Bremerhaven on the Mignon but haven't spotted any for Southampton.
Has anybody in the UK managed to track their car on WW?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #882
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

in case subscribers to this thread don't see the 2 new reviews before they get buried by other threads

tank
http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=592763

tuff
http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=592813

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 02:45 AM   #883
JimBeamer
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 (2017)2.0d XLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustofa View Post
Mine is built and according to the dealer has left the factory. Now, it could easily have made the Mignon which sailed last Wednesday or the Integrity which sailed on Thursday.
However, my VIN isn't showing up on the 2W site. Strangely, perhaps, I can see cars destined for Bremerhaven on the Mignon but haven't spotted any for Southampton.
Has anybody in the UK managed to track their car on WW?
According to my dealer, mine is also now on route. I'm just going to wait for the call to come and collect it in a few weeks time. I was getting to stressed out wondering when it was going to be built, so now I'm just going to wait and try to be about it (if I can).
      10-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #884
Dave_B
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40D G01 LCI 2022

Got Mine last Monday - it is awesome... When I get a spare min I will put some pictures up... but at the moment its covered in dead flies... Anyway on the day I received it I notices a very small chip in the paintwork (down to the metal). Its under the offside rear light cluster, on the tailgate.. I reported it on the same day I took delivery, and the dealer is going to look at it on Tuesday. I doubt the dealer will aviode liability, but I wonder how it will be dealt with... should I expect a touch up or a full resprayed tailgate ??? Your thoughts please....

Last edited by Dave_B; 10-02-2011 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #885
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_B View Post
Got Mine last Monday - it is awesome... When I get a spare min I will put some pictures up... but at the moment its covered in dead flies... Anyway on the day I received it I notices a very small chip in the paintwork (down to the metal). Its under the offside rear light cluster, on the tailgate.. I reported it on the same day I took delivery, and the dealer is going to look at it on Tuesday. I doubt the dealer will aviode liability, but I wonder how it will be dealt with... should I expect a touch up or a full resprayed tailgate ??? Your thoughts please....
I would let them try to touch it up and then if you don't like the result, say it's not good enough - it will probably be fine. I think there are issues with a full respray re. colour matching and it not being the same process as during manufacture - not sure on this though.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #886
Dave_B
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm thinking the same sfax,,, if I, and they, didn't spot it in the showroom, its going to be harder to see when touched up..
      10-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #887
W3dge
Private
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 2.0D

We pick ours up mid-way through next week.

About time.

I'm trying to get excited, but after what feels like an eternity, it's hard!
Space Grey, Wheels, Doors and a boot, Pushy Finance Person pack (with optional walk out of dealer mode), Professional Medium Pack, Fully Eclectic Towbar, Autocratic Gearbox, Sporty seats, Heated Arguments, Reversing Assist Camera with Top View, BMW signature sills, Panoramic Glass Roof, have you considered the Pushy Finance Person Pack? ETD 22/12/2012
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 03:44 PM   #888
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

As I headed back north to Leeds tonight I saw another transporter full of prepped X3s heading south on the M1 about 30 miles south of Doncaster (I think they're prepped in Thorne?).

There was a very fetching white Msport perched on the top deck ... amazing just what detail the brain can take it at (ahem) miles an hour.

It could be yooooo.
      10-05-2011, 07:08 AM   #889
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Looks like I will have to wait another week for mine. Not now due at the dealer until next Tuesday and ready for pick up at the weekend. Seems to be taking a long time to get from Southampton...
      10-05-2011, 07:13 AM   #890
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washy View Post
Looks like I will have to wait another week for mine. Not now due at the dealer until next Tuesday and ready for pick up at the weekend. Seems to be taking a long time to get from Southampton...
Keep hanging in - the last week felt like the longest for me.

When I collected last week I asked the dealer for a delivery update: he said 'no change, still at 9 months' seems hard to believe, maybe dealers have bagged all slots and let some go to those who spec. up to £40K+ ? He also told me absolutely no more discounts on X3 since April due to demand.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #891
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank531 View Post
Keep hanging in - the last week felt like the longest for me.

When I collected last week I asked the dealer for a delivery update: he said 'no change, still at 9 months' seems hard to believe, maybe dealers have bagged all slots and let some go to those who spec. up to £40K+ ? He also told me absolutely no more discounts on X3 since April due to demand.
I have been told I have a chassis number and delivery will be 5/6 weeks time to the UK. thats mid November time.
      10-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #892
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

Quote:
I would let them try to touch it up and then if you don't like the result, say it's not good enough - it will probably be fine. I think there are issues with a full respray re. colour matching and it not being the same process as during manufacture - not sure on this though.
Any decent bodyshop using OEM BMW paint can (and correct paint code) can colour match 100%.

Though I'd happily accept a spot repair too- it should be undetectable. Poor luck for the OP. How did this pass PDI?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #893
Dave_B
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Man View Post
Any decent bodyshop using OEM BMW paint can (and correct paint code) can colour match 100%.

Though I'd happily accept a spot repair too- it should be undetectable. Poor luck for the OP. How did this pass PDI?
Its going in on Tuesday - Basically told the dealer that I dont care what they do, just as long as I dont see the repair.. I said, let the bodyshop manager make the call.

SFAX - My car was built on the 15th August and it does not have the RTTI you/we would like to have.. :-(
      10-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #894
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Maybe although I still wouldn't want a resprayed panel. The paint might match but the application can't be the same as the original application

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #895
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

Quote:
Maybe although I still wouldn't want a resprayed panel. The paint might match but the application can't be the same as the original application
They both come out of a gun but depending on the amount of 'orange peel' on the surrounding panels, the bodyshop will have to lower their standards to match it and thus create 'orange peel' effect when usually a flawless finish would be achieved

Seriously, you could not tell the difference from any competent BMW bodyshop. The durability would be the same too.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #896
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
They both come out of a gun but depending on the amount of 'orange peel' on the surrounding panels, the bodyshop will have to lower their standards to match it and thus create 'orange peel' effect when usually a flawless finish would be achieved

Seriously, you could not tell the difference from any competent BMW bodyshop. The durability would be the same too.
What I mean is during production the panels are sprayed and heat treated before they are assembled. If you re-spray you're spraying an assembled car and covering up the parts you don't want to over spray. That might look the same but can't be as good IMO

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #897
X3_About_Time
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25)

I was contacted by my dealer the other day offering me an alternative X3 to the one I ordered for delivery in March 2012. I was certainly tempted, but the spec wasn't as good as mine and it included options I have no interest in. The buyer pulled out at the last minute. A small incentive discount was offered but the compromise was too great. It also felt wrong being someone else's car. I'll go back to my hibernation for five and a half months. I am so jealous of you lucky people who received your X3's recently.
      10-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #898
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

The car you were offered must have entered production otherwise you can change the spec. right up to the last minute. Probably the dealer did not want to allow this as you wanted a lower spec. car but they always want to sell high spec.

They probably will find a buyer due to the wait time. When I picked mine up last week a F25 was in the yard too but dealer told me the 'owner' lost his job so it was 'now available'
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #899
kennygee
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 20d M Sport

M Sport on transporter

Spotted in Birch this morning on delivery from Thorne west bound M Sport
DS Blue standard wheels could be Oyster interior. Have photo will have to work out how to put it on.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #900
X3_About_Time
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank531 View Post
The car you were offered must have entered production otherwise you can change the spec. right up to the last minute. Probably the dealer did not want to allow this as you wanted a lower spec. car but they always want to sell high spec.

They probably will find a buyer due to the wait time. When I picked mine up last week a F25 was in the yard too but dealer told me the 'owner' lost his job so it was 'now available'
It was waiting at the dealer's for the customer to collect it. It sounds like a similar situation to the one you mention.
      10-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #901
Dave_B
United Kingdom
Rep

Pictures - Alpine White On A Wet Day

Finally got round to putting these up..
Attached Images

10-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #902
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Gorgeous. Every time I see an Alpine White I think I should have stuck with my original order ... but then I look at my Space Grey and feel that this was also the right answer. Couldn't afford two X3s!

IMHO the white looks better without the Xline trim - the black frames in these photos look excellent. White seems to make the X3 look "chunkier" i.e. better.

P.S. looks like your council are a bit OCD on the recycle front - how many bins do you guys need?!?

Last edited by TuffLittleUnit; 10-09-2011 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: spelling and noseyness
Appreciate 0