BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #89
jmcbmw
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 X-drive 30i

I used the $1000 Drive Team USA (3-series event) incentive and got a total of $4180 off of my special order X3 this week. I'm happy with this. MSRP: $50,095. Selling Price: $45,915
Still wish there was some loyalty incentives as when I got my current 528i. My rep tells me that since my X3 is arriving in June, whichever terms are better (this month or June) I will get, including if any loyalty rebate or interest rate is offered.
I think (close anyway) my deal is $740 below invoice including the $1000 incentive. The incentive was not applied as a "rebate" on the deal btw.

Last edited by jmcbmw; 05-09-2012 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #90
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

Test drove a new x3 with the n20. Suitably impressed! It feels peppy and a lot more refined than the implementation in the f30. I think the n20/8hp sometimes get caught sleeping though - sometimes I feel it "lug" under the weight of the x3
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 02:24 AM   #91
dnw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 / 2014 520d MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface
Test drove a new x3 with the n20. Suitably impressed! It feels peppy and a lot more refined than the implementation in the f30. I think the n20/8hp sometimes get caught sleeping though - sometimes I feel it "lug" under the weight of the x3
Similar experience with an N20 F30 loaner I had for a couple of days and overall I'd stick to a big diesel in a flash.

Powerful, yes- but really has to make aggressive use of the box to get there. I found it jumping 2 gears and 4-5 thousand revs on kick down and also returning as low as 15mpg in the process.

By comparison my 30d has similar performance but it is so much more effortless and economical to boot.
      06-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #92
trackpilot
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonva View Post
Well - I was told by three diff dealers that you can't combine this. However I still was able to combine the Costco deal with the USAA deal:

$500 over invoice - Costco
$-1500 USAA
------------------
$1K below - not bad - and I can order what I want...
Great Deal!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll have to remember this when i order our X3 later this year! Does the USAA discount expire?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 12:43 AM   #93
F25er
Redline every time
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i, 2013 X3 28i

With all due respect most of you think you know what "invoice" is and few of you actually do. I'm quite fed up with this boasting. Due to the vagueness of this method and the ambiguity of actual "invoice" or dealer cost I propose a more accurate and transparent method where everyone can make apples to apples comparisons;

1 calculate the exact MSRP of YOUR model as equipped and report to forum.

2 report to the forum the exact $$$ discount and calculate the resultant percentage discount.

This method is crystal clear without the nonsensical B.S. about "invoice". I'm quite sure no dealer will lose money for you. If you can't follow the above simple method don't waste time posting about your "great deal".
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #94
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

I'd say most people do know what invoice is. It's published everywhere on the web. There are always exceptions, but as a general rule, here in the states invoice is 7% less than MSRP.

I much rather prefer to use invoice as my reference point, instead of MSRP. And so do a lot of people.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #95
Bmwlvr60
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 28i

Garage List
2014 BMW 528ix  [0.00]
2013 BMX X3 28i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F25er View Post
With all due respect most of you think you know what "invoice" is and few of you actually do. I'm quite fed up with this boasting. Due to the vagueness of this method and the ambiguity of actual "invoice" or dealer cost I propose a more accurate and transparent method where everyone can make apples to apples comparisons;

1 calculate the exact MSRP of YOUR model as equipped and report to forum.

2 report to the forum the exact $$$ discount and calculate the resultant percentage discount.

This method is crystal clear without the nonsensical B.S. about "invoice". I'm quite sure no dealer will lose money for you. If you can't follow the above simple method don't waste time posting about your "great deal".
I doubt anyone here is naive enough to think that the dollar difference between invoice and the price someone pays for their car is the profit the dealer makes. Dealer holdback, monthly and quarterly incentives, plus all the extras they include on the contract such as DMV, window etching, paperwork fees, extended warrantees, are all more money makers for the dealer.

The reason People like to discuss cost over invoice is because it's a simpler way of calculating the deal. Invoice prices are readily available all over the Internet.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 11:30 PM   #96
Bmwlvr60
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 28i

Garage List
2014 BMW 528ix  [0.00]
2013 BMX X3 28i  [0.00]
Pulled the trigger on a new X3 28i
Pulled the trigger on a new X3 28i. Deep sea blue/sand beige Nevada leather, fineline sienna wood trim, high gloss black rails and BMW Apps.
Packages: M Sport, Dynamic Handling, Cold Weather, Technology, Convenience, and Premium Sound.
It's about a 4 week wait. <wound up being only 16 days>

For those of you who are interesting in purchasing a new vehicle and are interested in saving some money please consider the following:

Unfortunately, unless you have some inside help the way to get a fair price is to contact 4-5 dealers. Decide which dealer you want to buy the car from and close the deal with that dealer. I chose the closest dealer to my house and have a friend who's been happy with their service department. I like the sales guy who was very helpful on my, and my family's numerous visits.

The other 4 dealers I merely spoke to on the phone. I had them give me quotes in writing as well as the extra dealer charges they add on; DMV, paperwork, etc. Since my wife and I wanted to see the various color combinations in person we did drive to some other dealers, but didn't infringe more on sales people's times. We got very good at finding all the X3's on the lot without even asking for any directions. They usually were mostly all parked in the same area and the dealer's websites many times noted their inventory with color combinations.

I don't understand how people will make a $50K investment without seeing the colors in person. The internet and pictures of all kinds don't show the true colors. The M Sport comes with Carbon Black which is very different from the other 2 black exterior colors. Carbon Black has a blue hue that makes it quite unique. Midnight Blue is a great blue color available with the X1 that looks nothing like what's seen in a picture. Mojave and Chestnut are very nice interior colors that need to be seen.

The dealer that I did business with gave me the highest original quote. There was no way I'd be paying $2000 more for the car with them. I appreciate all the time they spent with me, but needed a better deal to show them. They matched the lowest quote which was $480 over invoice and $3805 under list. The sales guy makes money, the dealer makes more money and I save money- win, win, win. I could've beat them up a bit more on price , but $500 over invoice was about what I was looking to spend. More importantly for the sales guy and the dealer is that they'll be receiving referral business from me. They didn't make as much from me that they wanted, but that will be more than made up for with new clients from my network.

I like supporting local businesses, enjoy giving business to those I respect, want loaners when getting service and free car washes whenever I need.

Last edited by Bmwlvr60; 12-26-2012 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: typos
Appreciate 0