BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #67
KingX
Unregistered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 M-Sport 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstudio View Post
We are in Canada where all good stuffs never happen here. LOL. only x3 3.5 has MPro package option.
Wow..didn't know that. That makes what lbjgh said earlier make sense:

Quote:
I donno king, I would have gone with the 28i if the Msport and dynamic dampers where available with it.

0-60 times are within 0.5 seconds so ya ain't giving up much for the more economical engine.
That's rough to say the least, plus i think it's more expensive in Canada if i'm not mistaken. Double whammy

Yet Canada ranks 5th happiest country in world hehe

[Black Sapphire/Oyster/Wave Wood: ZPP/ZTP/ZCW/ZCX/ZDH/ZPS/ZMP/6NR]

Last edited by KingX; 04-07-2012 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #68
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

The price difference isn't a deal breaker. With respect to pricing, all manufacturers rape Canadian consummers ... partly because us Canadian's won't do anything about it. Sure will bitch and moan but that's the extent of it and the Manufacturers know it.

5th happiest? It's only because we have great neighbours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingX View Post
Wow..didn't know that. That makes what lbjgh said earlier make sense:

That's rough to say the least, plus i think it's more expensive in Canada if i'm not mistaken. Double whammy

Yet Canada ranks 5th happiest country in world hehe
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #69
thedonva
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mini Clubman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstudio View Post
We are in Canada where all good stuffs never happen here. LOL. only x3 3.5 has MPro package option.
The M Sport here costs $3K for the 28 and 35 but the 28 lacks a bunch of features (paddle shifters) but I suppose you do get the 19" wheels.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #70
thedonva
Enlisted Member
Rep

Carbon Black X3 arriving this summer

Well - I ordered a 2013 X3 M today with Carbon Black. It should be here the middle to end of June. It came in just over $50K before taxes. I was actually able to apply the Costco price ($500 over invoice) with the USAA discount ($1250) so the car came in $750 under invoice. I had to do a last second change to add the Dynamic Handling Package (after reading the Motor Trend article that included a review of the DHP).

Can't wait - now just need to figure out what to do with my Mini. I'm going to pick up the X3 in SC and thought about selling the Mini at Carmax down there. Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #71
amoeba
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 330i zhp, F30 335-MSport

The USAA discount, is that through auto-insurance policy? Or through their car buying program?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #72
bbmertz
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Congratulations on getting such a great deal! BMW is also offering a $1000 incentive (good for any leased, financed or cash-purchased BMW model through October 31st) when attending 3-Series events sponsored by local dealerships.

The USAA incentive is a new program offered directly by BMW if you provide proof of membership.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #73
amoeba
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmertz View Post
Congratulations on getting such a great deal! BMW is also offering a $1000 incentive (good for any leased, financed or cash-purchased BMW model through October 31st) when attending 3-Series events sponsored by local dealerships.
BMW drive for team usa right? Is that incentive for a new 3 series only? Or can be applied to X3 as well?

https://www.bmwusa.com/Secured/Conte...UDESummer.aspx

Quote:
The USAA incentive is a new program offered directly by BMW if you provide proof of membership.
Bah, it looks like you need the armed-forces USAA insurance, not the general membership offered to everyone.

http://usaa2.zag.com/promo1.html?pro...lID=ZUSA200727

BMW incentives are only available to persons eligible for membership in USAA's Property and Casualty Insurance Group. P&C membership is generally available to current and former members of the U.S. Military and their former dependents. BMW requires presentation of a Photo ID and USAA insurance card with USAA number or a Confirmation Letter provided by USAA.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 02:00 AM   #74
bbmertz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoeba View Post
BMW drive for team usa right? Is that incentive for a new 3 series only? Or can be applied to X3 as well?
Yes and it can be applied to any new MY2012/2013 BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #75
thedonva
Enlisted Member
Rep

Clarify the additional $1K discount please

Hi,

The $1250 I got for my X3 is for being a USAA member. I'm prior USAF and that is how I qualified. What is the $1K mentioned here for attending an event? I live in N. VA and wonder if I / how I'd apply that?

Thanks - Don
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #76
amoeba
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonva View Post
Hi,

The $1250 I got for my X3 is for being a USAA member. I'm prior USAF and that is how I qualified. What is the $1K mentioned here for attending an event? I live in N. VA and wonder if I / how I'd apply that?

Thanks - Don
See the link I provided above for the drive for team usa. Sign up for a 3-series test drive and get $1k in allowance.

The $1250 is through their insurance right? Non-military people can join USAA but not the auto/home insurances.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #77
thedonva
Enlisted Member
Rep

USAA Discount

Hi - You just have to be a USAA member to get the $1250. If you have a member ID you can call USAA and get a voucher which you provide to the dealer.

I clicked on your link and it says to enter a ID code. I can't figure out how to actually register for the 3 series test drive to get the $1K. I already signed a contract so I'm not even sure if I can apply this now.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #78
bbmertz
Rep

Quote:
I clicked on your link and it says to enter a ID code. I can't figure out how to actually register for the 3 series test drive to get the $1K. I already signed a contract so I'm not even sure if I can apply this now.
Click on the button which says "No ID Code". As mentioned in another post, this incentive deal may only be applicable to new orders, however if this is the case you could always work with your sales rep to reorder the car.

Regarding the USAA discount, you do need to be a member (meaning that you do need to be eligible for USAA P&C by having some type of military affiliation), although you do not necessarily need to have purchased an insurance policy.

Last edited by bbmertz; 04-12-2012 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: Added more info
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #79
amoeba
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hi - You just have to be a USAA member to get the $1250. If you have a member ID you can call USAA and get a voucher which you provide to the dealer.
Quote:
Regarding the USAA discount, you do need to be a member (meaning that you do need to be eligible for USAA P&C by having some type of military affiliation), although you do not necessarily need to have purchased an insurance policy.

I'm confused, can I request a membership voucher even though I don't have the P&C? Will a non P&C membership voucher work?

Quote:
Click on the "No ID Code". However you won't have the credit until you go for a test drive, which is typically scheduled for May/June. You'll need to order your car after that.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #80
bbmertz
Rep

Quote:
I'm confused, can I request a membership voucher even though I don't have the P&C? Will a non P&C membership voucher work?
You can read more info about the USAA program at the following link:
http://www.momentumbmw.net/all-new-b...es-program.htm
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #81
thedonva
Enlisted Member
Rep

Can I cancel an X3 for a 328i xDrive???

Thanks for the info - I registered for the test drive and received an email. Problem is I placed an order for a X3 on Wed that I was going to pick up in South Carolina. The plan was to take my son but he is 8 and I was told on Friday that he can't accompany me on the factory tour or the track. So when I was at the dealer on Fri I drove a 328i and love it.

So, I'm thinking about canceling my order and going with a 328i xDrive which I saw goes into production in July. Anyone have a ball park for the MPG for the xDrive? I'll look at the 528i to get an idea.

I'd keep the X3 if I can apply the test drive coupon - is that doable - anyone know?

Can you cancel an order since I just placed it less than a week ago? The sales guy says I can make a change but I won't find out for sure until Monday.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #82
amoeba
Private First Class
Rep

The test drive credit does not apply to purchase made, sorry.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #83
thedonva
Enlisted Member
Rep

Sales guy says I can cancel X3

Quote:
The test drive credit does not apply to purchase made, sorry.
The sales guy says I can cancel the X3 - he's supposed to call me tomorrow. If he in fact can then I'll just wait on the 328 until after the test drive.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #84
thedonva
Enlisted Member
Rep

Conflict

So - I was able to cancel my X3 and will order the 328i (which I'll carry over on that board) - however my question is about the $1K allowance for the test drive. One dealer says I can use it on the 328i in conjunction with USAA, one says I can't.

I wonder which one is correct and how I find out?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #85
bbmertz
Rep

According to the weblink I previously posted, the USAA discount can be combined with any other BMW incentive program.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #86
thedonva
Enlisted Member
Rep

Can't combine USAA w/$1K allowance but...

Well - I was told by three diff dealers that you can't combine this. However I still was able to combine the Costco deal with the USAA deal:

$500 over invoice - Costco
$-1500 USAA
------------------
$1K below - not bad - and I can order what I want...
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #87
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Well - I was told by three diff dealers that you can't combine this. However I still was able to combine the Costco deal with the USAA deal:

$500 over invoice - Costco
$-1500 USAA
------------------
$1K below - not bad - and I can order what I want...
thats a great deal, too bad I found out too late, got the usaa discount and a couple of percent off msrp, paid about 1k over invoice. 2013 28i, at least she likes it.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #88
agentm
Private
Rep
Drives: M3, X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ws666 View Post
43k for 240hp? Sheesh. My 97 grand prix had 220hp, heads up display, and heated driver seat with leather!!

Sorry. I'm on this board because we have a 135i, which even I wouldn't of paid the money for. But I understand you pay for the name....
If you think you are buying a BMW because of the name then you know nothing about BMW. Not really trying to insult you but what you said is how I wanted to respond.
2004 M3 Silver Gray / CSL Header and Cats / RE El Diablo Exhaust / Hotchkis Swaybar / KW v2 / RD Sport Rims 19' / Falken FK-452 tires / Reinforcement Kit / Smoke Corner / 50% Tinted / Painted Shadow Grille / Umnitza Halo light / Hanman Lip / CF Diffusor / Autosolution SSK 30% / Aluminum Foot Pedals / AA Shift knob / AA Sport Fan Clutch / 3.91 Diff
Active Auto HKS Gen 6 Level 1.5 S/C
Appreciate 0