BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-08-2016, 01:54 PM   #1
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep
Drives: around: in: circles:

Garage List
I've put my money where my mouth is...

In a thread on the new G01, there was a bit of discussion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFK007 View Post
Can't justify getting another f25 at this point in the life cycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryGunn View Post
I'd disagree with this, I think it's the perfect time to get one - any LCI production faults have been ironed out, discounts are available and getting one now and keeping it for 2-3 years will allow a move to the G01 after all the early production faults (and it will have some) have been rectified...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy2014 View Post
I am thinking along the same lines. When I ordered my 14 plate X3 I knew within 12 months the LC1 was coming but proceeded anyway, is secured a £3K discount and towards the LC1 release date there were issues with supplying M-Sport models so the wait could have been even longer than predicted.

The GO1 is scheduled for build in August 2017 but when will it be possible to configure one? I'm guessing not until March / April next year? My local BMW is already quoting 4 months for a specced X3 so I would assume the GO1 would be significantly more, at least 6 months meaning it wouldn't arrive in the UK until March 2018 - a full year after my lease runs out, that is assuming that m-sport models are supplied at launch and not delayed as was the case with the LC!. I'm also wary that I could be holding out for a car that I may not like or may not be as significantly different as we hope so the additional wait and no doubt additional cost would be for nothing.

I was at a dealer yesterday and the LC1 offers quite an increase in specification than my current X3 and with the discount that I should get I will be able to get some more toys such as HUD. I would also get the reassurance that everything is tried and tested. Dare I say it but I am leaning towards a Carbon Black X3, I don't like the red, I don't want another grey, I saw a silver one at the dealer and it didn't look very nice and as much as i like white, it would be a bugger to keep clean and i'm not a hairdresser lol. Deep Sea Blue would have been my choice but that is no longer offered on M-Sport models, at least the Carbon Black has a hint of blue in it.
Quote:
Don't forget the other advantage - for us in the UK anyway - any replacement F25 X3 is unlikely to have a list price below £40k, so if you take delivery before the new road tax rules start on 1st April 2017 you'll avoid the additional 5 year supplement on the RFL

e.g. our F25 2.0d MSport (with a few options so list price is £40k+) currently costs £130/yr, and will have an inflationary rise next year, the same car registered after 1 April 2017 will be £200 for year 1 then £140/yr plus a £310/yr supplement for 5 years so £450/yr for years 2-6
My wife and I discussed this as our Carbon Black LCI 20d is only 26 months old but decided to have a look and see what we could get and found that our local dealership offered us some very good deals on some unregistered group stock 20d cars. None of them was quite what we were after though... wrong colour... wrong spec... some even had too many options....

What they did have, however, was a build slot for a MSport 30d that could be configured as we wanted it, and a decent discount available if we could take delivery before the end of Dec to meet their quarterly targets.... so we had to go for it

We didn't go mad on the options and dropped things like the panoramic roof on our current X3 as we don't find that we ever open it - shutter's closed in the summer and we find that if we leave it open in the winter for the extra light, the heat loss through the glass gets a bit much on cold days

We kept it as Carbon Black as we're not keen on any of the other MSport colours (wish they did the MSport in Deep Sea Blue) so it ended up as

30d MSport in Carbon Black
Oyster Leather
Fineline Anthracite
Media Package Professional
Full LED Adaptive Headlights
Sun Protection Glass
Electric Folding Mirrors
Extended Storage

Roll on Christmas...
      11-08-2016, 02:28 PM   #2
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

A new car at the end of its production run always tends to be a good purchase as all the bugs have been ironed out.

As far as the road tax saga goes in April 2017 where the price of the car is one of the governing factors, I would not be surprised if this George Osborne/David Cameron little project does not get dumped by the new regime.
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 02:33 PM   #3
Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

Congratulations! How come you didn't add other goodies such as rear-drive view camera/Surround-view or HK speakers?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 02:57 PM   #4
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
Congratulations! How come you didn't add other goodies such as rear-drive view camera/Surround-view or HK speakers?
I didn't want the cameras - I know how to park
Seriously, though, I have a reversing camera on one of our other cars and I prefer the PDC on the X3 to the camera

As far as upgraded audio goes, I used to prefer premium audio in cars but I've reached the age where my hearing is starting to lose sensitivity and I have a minor case of tinnitus in my left ear so there's no point in spending money on something I won't get any benefit from - and my wife only ever listens to the radio in the car
      11-15-2016, 12:21 PM   #5
dbramley
320d M-Sport
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 320si

What kind of discount if you don't mind sharing?

Thinking of changing from my F30 into one. I can see six month old ones with £10k off list and I'm getting tempted!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 02:36 PM   #6
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbramley View Post
What kind of discount if you don't mind sharing?

Thinking of changing from my F30 into one. I can see six month old ones with £10k off list and I'm getting tempted!
I don't think it'd be fair to give full details as the deal was part of reaching quarterly targets, but I will say that, while it wasn't £10K off, the % discount plus some 'price support' on the car (plus a bit of additional haggling) meant that we could have a factory-build 30d comfortably cheaper than a discounted unregistered but in stock 20d of roughly equivalent spec...
      11-15-2016, 05:30 PM   #7
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0d M Sport

Very nice, the LED lights are brilliant.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2016, 09:47 AM   #8
dbramley
320d M-Sport
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 320si

Thanks, just needed something to work from before I pay them a visit...
      11-17-2016, 01:31 AM   #9
Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

Quote:
I don't think it'd be fair to give full details as the deal was part of reaching quarterly targets, but I will say that, while it wasn't £10K off, the % discount plus some 'price support' on the car (plus a bit of additional haggling) meant that we could have a factory-build 30d comfortably cheaper than a discounted unregistered but in stock 20d of roughly equivalent spec...

Wow. Amazing deal congrats! The only good deals on 30d models I have seen, are on cars without professional media which is a big no no that's terrible for resale value.
Appreciate 0