BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-22-2011, 02:11 AM   #1
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Does 30d come with paddle shifters?

..anyone know who have ordered it?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 03:09 AM   #2
acey81
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 40d M-sport; F80 M3

No, paddles are reserved for the 35i on all markets I've heard of.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
kickdown
Private
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW 320dA

Not for now. Wait until it is offered with the sport auto, then you recieve the paddle shifters. The sport automatic is due to be released next in the 35d, after that through all the range except for 18d.
Bulgarian Forum: You ask a question...5 people starts explaining you how dumb you are, for asking such a stupid question!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
smarm
Worsier then Tupac dying.
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey81 View Post
No, paddles are reserved for the 35i on all markets I've heard of.
No paddles at all in australia. The 35 won't be imported here for fear of cannibalization of sales from the X5.

Quote:
If you write 'Wash Me' on my car, I'll carve 'Resuscitate Me' into your chest
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickdown View Post
Not for now. Wait until it is offered with the sport auto, then you recieve the paddle shifters. The sport automatic is due to be released next in the 35d, after that through all the range except for 18d.
Don't tell me there's actually to be an 18d. BMW's are such different cars in the American market than they are in the European market. It's not enough power. I just can't believe that. I thought the 20d was slow....The only models they should offer are the 20d and the 35d. Why is there this need to cover all ends of the spectrum. And what difference will there be between the 18d and the 20d? What about between the 30d and the 35d? What are you paying for extra except for 20 extra horses?

That's why BMW rid BMWNA of the 323i and the 325i. They don't stand against one another as very different.

Audi got rid of the 3.2 in the A4 because if somebody wanted a faster A4, they could go and buy an S4 for just $3,000 more. There was no market for two cars, 2.0T and 3.2, that were so similar, and then a third that might've seen poor sales had the 3.2 continued production. So they cut out the niche-filler.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 01:25 AM   #6
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddholland View Post
Don't tell me there's actually to be an 18d. BMW's are such different cars in the American market than they are in the European market. It's not enough power. I just can't believe that. I thought the 20d was slow....The only models they should offer are the 20d and the 35d. Why is there this need to cover all ends of the spectrum. And what difference will there be between the 18d and the 20d? What about between the 30d and the 35d? What are you paying for extra except for 20 extra horses?

That's why BMW rid BMWNA of the 323i and the 325i. They don't stand against one another as very different.

Audi got rid of the 3.2 in the A4 because if somebody wanted a faster A4, they could go and buy an S4 for just $3,000 more. There was no market for two cars, 2.0T and 3.2, that were so similar, and then a third that might've seen poor sales had the 3.2 continued production. So they cut out the niche-filler.
18d really?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 06:18 AM   #7
kickdown
Private
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW 320dA

Yep definately 18d probably 150hp or 160 hp and emissions bellow 100g per km. The idea of that wide range of engines in Europe is that the laws in the countries are very different and the taxes for example in the scandinavian countries are killing!!! Everybody wants a 306hp 35diesel, but when it comes to taxes...things get ugly and in some countries very ugly!!! In normal city driving the fuel consumption difference between 20d and 35d would be in the range of 1-2 litres (quart to half a US Gallon), but the taxes and the price returns everybody to earth here on the continent. Great compromise is 30d and the 23d would superb too. Lets just see what will be the prices here and is going to make it to the states
Bulgarian Forum: You ask a question...5 people starts explaining you how dumb you are, for asking such a stupid question!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 07:29 AM   #8
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickdown View Post
Yep definately 18d probably 150hp or 160 hp and emissions bellow 100g per km. The idea of that wide range of engines in Europe is that the laws in the countries are very different and the taxes for example in the scandinavian countries are killing!!! Everybody wants a 306hp 35diesel, but when it comes to taxes...things get ugly and in some countries very ugly!!! In normal city driving the fuel consumption difference between 20d and 35d would be in the range of 1-2 litres (quart to half a US Gallon), but the taxes and the price returns everybody to earth here on the continent. Great compromise is 30d and the 23d would superb too. Lets just see what will be the prices here and is going to make it to the states
I hear you on the taxes and consumption for i get hammered the same, but at 150bhp that will be too weak to haul that X3 body and even with the tax difference with the 20d it surely would not be fun to drive for u have to keep revving it to move.
Appreciate 0