BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-03-2023, 02:45 PM   #1
heticor
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Y-Spoke 608 wheel paint color code

I have this wheel , one of the have scratch , I order the paint as per description reflex silver , paint color A44, however that color is not even close. see photos below. Could you please help me to find the paint color code. I called the dealer and they said that they don't have it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2023, 08:14 AM   #2
jskin1510
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335xi

If you can't find the exact (and maybe even if you do as well) might be worth masking/taping off here and painting that little section between the spokes. Might hide it a little more
Attached Images

02-05-2023, 08:44 AM   #3
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

You don't say how you got the name of the color, how you knew or thought that color was for your wheels, or where you got the paint from. What it looks like to me is that your wheels are slightly gunmetal gray and you bought a more standard BMW silver. I have some wheel paint and I'm pretty surer it's A44 and my 650i does not have gunmetal wheels. Anyway, have you gone to an actual automotive paint supply store? They should have a catalog with BMW wheel colors offered in whatever year your car is. That's how I got mine. I can't say for sure they will have every color. And you can always get it custom matched, although that pretty expensive for an area that small.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 07:47 AM   #4
heticor
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

thank you

thank you guys for the input. I am planning to paint the whole section , the photo was a try to see the color match.

Regarding the color code I look at Realom site , they said that the color is reflexsilver , and also search in the web, and there is not define answer.
The dealer told me that they dont have the color codes for the wheel.

I check other conde B37, but it is similar to A44.

the paint shops in my area only prepare color by code.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 10:31 AM   #5
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by heticor View Post
thank you guys for the input. I am planning to paint the whole section , the photo was a try to see the color match.

Regarding the color code I look at Realom site , they said that the color is reflexsilver , and also search in the web, and there is not define answer.
The dealer told me that they dont have the color codes for the wheel.

I check other conde B37, but it is similar to A44.

the paint shops in my area only prepare color by code.
But do any of the paint shops have a book showing BMW wheel codes by year? Mine did, and it had a little square sample of the colors. So we took the book out to my car and held up the color samples to see which mine was.
Appreciate 0