BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-11-2022, 08:36 AM   #1
Lawrencee22
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

No Nav or bluetooth ability?

Hello. A week ago I purchased a 2012 X3 20D SE from a private seller, had done a little research about the driver convenience that came with the Mk2 and assumed that nav and bluetooth connectivity came as standard, however there is no option on the screen to select a navigation or bluetooth option at all (see attached) but on the control panel and steering wheel there are buttons for it, which do nothing.

Is this normal and its likely just the case that whoever bought it new didn't pay for the nav and bluetooth/phone connectivity? Was this an optional extra? Or is it that we need to pay for BMW to update the software or something?

Just seems odd that the buttons are all there in the car but aren't functional. Couldn't find very much on Google, only about the nav not working not being missing!

Thanks in advance
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 02:11 PM   #2
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)

You might input the car's VIN number here https://www.mdecoder.com/ and you should see the entire build sheet; it may show whether NAV and Bluetooth are included.

I've never had NAV on a BMW, but I believe there is a cost for the service/maps, a guess.

Good luck/Bill
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 03:33 PM   #3
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgosma View Post
I've never had NAV on a BMW, but I believe there is a cost for the service/maps, a guess.
There is no cost for the nav service, it comes with the latest map for when the vehicle was new, but maps are usually updated annually with new roads and POIs which there is a cost to update if you want, though the old map will still work. Many people just use their phone by itself or via carplay/android auto. I like the built in nav since the turn directions show on the HUD
Appreciate 0