BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #67
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Any nearer ordering inamik? Is the exchange rate more favourable? You'll benefit from the upgraded nav from April 2013
Better now, holding out for the 30d later this year, not too convinced by the 20d/20i performance and engine noise which I would have gotten by now, the delta is 30k euro (30d is 100k euro) that's X5 money, so you never know:,
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 02:07 AM   #68
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75 View Post
Better now, holding out for the 30d later this year, not too convinced by the 20d/20i performance and engine noise which I would have gotten by now, the delta is 30k euro (30d is 100k euro) that's X5 money, so you never know:,
100k = ouch! Worth getting the 30d over the 20d for the engine noise alone if you can afford it. Good luck and keep us posted

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #69
Alligator69
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 2.0d Mineral Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich4 View Post
Presumably, as you have a pre-April car, you do not have the Drive Performance Control as it was not available on the 2.0d as a stand alone feature. If so, your drive-feel should be good, and you don’t suffer the ‘comfort’ mode syndrome?
I have the DPC, it was an option and my car has it. I don't know what to say, my previous car was a 320d and I was pretty much appreciating the driving experience, I was surpassed it didn't change too much with such a heavier and higher car as the X3. 'course steering in roundabouts makes you remember of the difference ;-)
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 02:13 AM   #70
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

The reflection of the speaker and air vents on the top of the dashboard in the windscreen. Very distracting as you're driving along
      07-24-2012, 02:57 AM   #71
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeltzer
The reflection of the speaker and air vents on the top of the dashboard in the windscreen. Very distracting as you're driving along
+1 this really pisses me off

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 03:25 AM   #72
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
+1 this really pisses me off
Glad I'm not the only one then!
      07-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #73
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 2.0d

anyone feeling that the air con isn't cold enough in this 28 deg weather? or maybe yet another fault with the car...
      07-24-2012, 07:18 AM   #74
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude00 View Post
anyone feeling that the air con isn't cold enough in this 28 deg weather? or maybe yet another fault with the car...
On the contrary I think it's fricking freezing! On a day like this in my E90 i used to have the climate set at 18c without any probs. Am having to have it set at at least 21c in the F25!

Although this could of course be due to the refrigeration all being sparkly and new in the F25 and 4 years old in the E90! But defo no complaints here on the air con
      07-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #75
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Try playing with the intensity and starting off with MAX. Sometimes it gets into a state on AUTO where it would take a day to get the temperature down to the requested temp. I don't know why AUTO doesn't automatically change the intensity as it does in most other cars I've driven/owned

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #76
BMWLVX
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d

Handbrake not releasing automatically on a manual transmission.
Not being able to make Sport default setting in DDC.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #77
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I don't know why AUTO doesn't automatically change the intensity as it does in most other cars I've driven/owned
This is also getting right on my

Auto should mean just that ie it varies the fan speed and temp as and when it needs to get to the temp you set it at. Worked fine on the E90. Why change it!?
      07-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #78
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeltzer View Post

Auto should mean just that ie it varies the fan speed and temp as and when it needs to get to the temp you set it at. Worked fine on the E90. Why change it!?
Great use of

Some of these "disappointments" ought to be a promoted to a new thread entitled "What really gets on my about my X3"

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #79
Alligator69
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Is this a drawback of the HUD option? I don't have it and never noticed it to the point it's so annoying.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #80
Cropwell
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d msport xdrive

See post in UK orders.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #81
Alligator69
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

It's an improvement that I see the majority of pepole didnt' fully understand, including me, I discovered it here!!!

Got it explained very well. In order to satisfy the majority of users, the AUTO position has now the option to LIMIT the maximum air speed the system can reach. That's the meaning of the ventilation selection when in AUTO mode. This means you can easily set it to the max and the car will vent with max power up until it's close to the temperature set, then will slow down as in "Normal" operation. If you set the vent to the minimum, the car will blow much more gently, clearly requiring much longer time to reach the desired temperature.

You just need to find your personal setting and then you're done. For example I didn't like it with the previous 320d I had that was too strong for me, I found a good setting with the three bars (more or less in the middle, it's a five-step setting if I remember correctly)
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #82
3Bimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Glad I'm not the only one then!
Ditto. So far that's the only thing I don't like about our new X3. Everything else is perfect.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #83
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alligator69 View Post
It's an improvement that I see the majority of pepole didnt' fully understand, including me, I discovered it here!!!

Got it explained very well. In order to satisfy the majority of users, the AUTO position has now the option to LIMIT the maximum air speed the system can reach. That's the meaning of the ventilation selection when in AUTO mode. This means you can easily set it to the max and the car will vent with max power up until it's close to the temperature set, then will slow down as in "Normal" operation. If you set the vent to the minimum, the car will blow much more gently, clearly requiring much longer time to reach the desired temperature.

You just need to find your personal setting and then you're done. For example I didn't like it with the previous 320d I had that was too strong for me, I found a good setting with the three bars (more or less in the middle, it's a five-step setting if I remember correctly)
Yes you are absolutely correct. I like the new concept. I always keep it on the lowest fan speed as I hardly park in sun and used to hate fan noise in my earlier cars. I like to enjoy my music when AC is cooling my car.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #84
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alligator69 View Post

I know you can do that but I still seem to continually end up with it on low intensity despite adjusting to high. Could be user error. Need some more experimentation but it's rare that you need the AC in the UK!

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #85
jdg857
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 XDrive 35d

Has any of my fellow coders played with
HU_CIC
EXBOX
HVAC_AUTOMATIC_INTENSITY?

mine is nicht aktiv by default, and I don't have my car today to try it out.

UPDATE. I was able to modify this tonight and it does indeed vary the fan speed when the temp approaches setpoint.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 05:47 AM   #86
dudley07726
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3

Garage List
2013 Mercedes Benz ...  [0.00]
2012 X3  [0.00]
Quote:

Auto should mean just that ie it varies the fan speed and temp as and when it needs to get to the temp you set it at. :
I fully agree!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #87
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg857 View Post
Has any of my fellow coders played with
HU_CIC
EXBOX
HVAC_AUTOMATIC_INTENSITY?

mine is nicht aktiv by default, and I don't have my car today to try it out.

UPDATE. I was able to modify this tonight and it does indeed vary the fan speed when the temp approaches setpoint.
Wow, you are so innovative.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #88
Harv_NC
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i

Yea....the A/C in these cars SUCK!!.. For 50+ K, you think you wouldn't have to sweat your ass off during a N.Carolina summer!
Appreciate 0