BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-16-2014, 02:01 PM   #111
bowler_1
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 E70 X5 4.0D M Sport

Brochures - spec change

I had a similar situation in February this year when I was looking to purchase a 2013 BMW X3 demonstrator, which I subsequently did. No dealers had any of the F25 brochures and I couldn't download the digital version. I actually asked BMW if there was a change of spec coming up and they claimed they were not aware of one, (unfortunately I wasn't aware of this forum ).
And then later the LC1 was announced .
Anyway yesterday out of interest I thought I would download the LC1 brochure and guess what it is not available . So is another facelift or some major changes coming as someone suggested ??
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #112
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler_1 View Post
I had a similar situation in February this year when I was looking to purchase a 2013 BMW X3 demonstrator, which I subsequently did. No dealers had any of the F25 brochures and I couldn't download the digital version. I actually asked BMW if there was a change of spec coming up and they claimed they were not aware of one, (unfortunately I wasn't aware of this forum ).
And then later the LC1 was announced .
Anyway yesterday out of interest I thought I would download the LC1 brochure and guess what it is not available . So is another facelift or some major changes coming as someone suggested ??
I doubt it, they are only just starting to get lci cars in dealers here in the uk so it'll be a while till the next changes.

It may be more to do with the x4 release and that using all the resources to get brochures out as I had heard dealers in the uk aren't shifting many yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #113
cumbrianlad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
How have you got on with your order ? Have they sorted the wheel problem ?
They have to something I was prepared to accept. I wasn't keen on the 605 so rejected that option, offered to have my winter wheels on the new car if they could get the car to the dealer which would have given them to next March to come up with a set of 607s, however that wasn't possible (that would have been my preference, but didn't really expect that it would be feasible). said that I would take the 608, but wasn't prepared to pay the £800 excess for that option, or would have to wait for 607s to become available. Weren't able to tell me when production would be until the change was made on my order. They offered me the 608s FOC, so have accepted that option. Car now in production for delivery week 52, so that's best part of four months after I was expecting delivery.
Apparently someone in a similar predicament for an Xline ordered a month before mine won't get my solution as they are a cash deal (mine's not). they would have to wait, pay extra or tear up their deal!
Did think about swapping to a 320 xdrive, but decided, although I would get the car sooner, I'd probably end up regretting going that way sometime in the future, so for once will have to be patient.
Andy, I see you have a Xline on order for next March. Don't know what wheels your after, but might be worth a check if they are 607s.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #114
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianlad
Quote:
How have you got on with your order ? Have they sorted the wheel problem ?
They have to something I was prepared to accept. I wasn't keen on the 605 so rejected that option, offered to have my winter wheels on the new car if they could get the car to the dealer which would have given them to next March to come up with a set of 607s, however that wasn't possible (that would have been my preference, but didn't really expect that it would be feasible). said that I would take the 608, but wasn't prepared to pay the 800 excess for that option, or would have to wait for 607s to become available. Weren't able to tell me when production would be until the change was made on my order. They offered me the 608s FOC, so have accepted that option. Car now in production for delivery week 52, so that's best part of four months after I was expecting delivery.
Apparently someone in a similar predicament for an Xline ordered a month before mine won't get my solution as they are a cash deal (mine's not). they would have to wait, pay extra or tear up their deal!
Did think about swapping to a 320 xdrive, but decided, although I would get the car sooner, I'd probably end up regretting going that way sometime in the future, so for once will have to be patient.
Andy, I see you have a Xline on order for next March. Don't know what wheels your after, but might be worth a check if they are 607s.
That is interesting ... I have to speak to my sales guy this week I want to make a couple of changes to the spec before it locks ... I'll ask him if he knows of any problems with those wheels

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 02:33 AM   #115
zzz
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G31 520i

I ordered my X3 in July, and delivery date is set to Feb 25th. I was hoping to get it by end of this year.

Can it happen that this date moves closer? It seems that EU is getting much longer delivery times.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 11:35 AM   #116
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Brochures are out now, picked one up at the dealers yesterday if anyone wants the torture whilst they wait !

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #117
fetcs
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW Serie 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz View Post
I ordered my X3 in July, and delivery date is set to Feb 25th. I was hoping to get it by end of this year.

Can it happen that this date moves closer? It seems that EU is getting much longer delivery times.
Hello zzz,

I'm also in Belgium and I ordered mine at 06/05 and tracking it, I could see that it will arrive in Zeebrugge at 28/08, but I don't know how long will it takes to have it at home...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 01:16 AM   #118
zzz
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetcs View Post
Hello zzz,

I'm also in Belgium and I ordered mine at 06/05 and tracking it, I could see that it will arrive in Zeebrugge at 28/08, but I don't know how long will it takes to have it at home...
How can I track it? I did not get anything on that topic from the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 08:54 AM   #119
Smithy2014
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d msport Auto

I would reckon that delivery times would get longer rather than shorter! So glad I went for a F25 rather than the LC1 - back in October 2013 dealers wouldnt comment on the LC1 so opted to spec up a F25 and have a 6 month wait. If I was opting for the LC1 Msport god knows how long I would have to wait!
      08-22-2014, 01:40 PM   #120
fetcs
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW Serie 3

Quote:
How can I track it? I did not get anything on that topic from the dealer.
You should ask the VIN number to your dealer.
You can check your car options using the last seven digits on the site:
http://www.bmwarchiv.de/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html

There you can also find the production date.

I believe that around 10 days after your car was produced, you can track it, using the whole VIN in the site:
https://offices.2wglobal.com/offices...uickSearchPage

Put your VIN as Cargo ID. You can also use a mask (%) to find any VIN similar to yours, as the numbers are sequentially generated.

You can find all the details and much more at sfax's post:
http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480776
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2014, 11:44 AM   #121
Ntlreject
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330i 3series

X3 UK deliveries

Hi All,
I ordered my X3 M sport back in January 2014, the dealer told me delivery was mid-April approx 12 weeks, I accepted this and they said they would ask for an improved delivery from production in USA.
After 10 weeks and several attempts to get delivery info from the dealer I visited them to be told "x3 facelift was underway and all old x3 was being diverted to China market but the good news was I would get the 2015 facelift model in June". Miffed but I agreed, however several weeks later and still getting the run around I was told delivery was now October because they had M sport trim delivery issues. Cancelled the order because of poor customer care and went to another dealer who promised September deliver "because they had a build slot guaranteed".
Now they tell me "M sport trim delivery has put delivery back to mid October".
Tell me BMW ... What going on? 11months delivery is a joke, if I had known that at the beginning I would now have a Merc, Audi or Evoque.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 01:00 PM   #122
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntlreject View Post
Hi All,
I ordered my X3 M sport back in January 2014, the dealer told me delivery was mid-April approx 12 weeks, I accepted this and they said they would ask for an improved delivery from production in USA.
After 10 weeks and several attempts to get delivery info from the dealer I visited them to be told "x3 facelift was underway and all old x3 was being diverted to China market but the good news was I would get the 2015 facelift model in June". Miffed but I agreed, however several weeks later and still getting the run around I was told delivery was now October because they had M sport trim delivery issues. Cancelled the order because of poor customer care and went to another dealer who promised September deliver "because they had a build slot guaranteed".
Now they tell me "M sport trim delivery has put delivery back to mid October".
Tell me BMW ... What going on? 11months delivery is a joke, if I had known that at the beginning I would now have a Merc, Audi or Evoque.
I ordered July with a expected delivery date of January 15, it sounds like you got caught in the facelift, I have seen se spec and x line cars in dealers now but not seen an m sport yet in the uk.

I was considering the evoque and to be honest I'd have had a macan had it been a little cheaper and not on an 18 month waiting list.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #123
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

Quote:
Brochures are out now, picked one up at the dealers yesterday if anyone wants the torture whilst they wait !
I received a brochure through the post a couple of weeks ago and when I looked it seemed to be the non LCI in the pictures? Is the one you have definitely LCI?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 03:13 PM   #124
Ntlreject
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330i 3series

X3 brochures are with some dealers, I got mine today in Bedford and they told me they came in this week. Question... Why do we get UK brochures with left hand drive pictures? Must do better

Last edited by Ntlreject; 08-24-2014 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: Error
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 03:39 PM   #125
mike333
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 30D MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntlreject View Post
X3 brochures are with some dealers, I got mine today in Bedford and they told me they came in this week. Question... Why do we get UK brochures with left hand drive pictures? Must do better
All I could get at my local dealer was the price list brochure.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 03:12 AM   #126
zzz
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northandy View Post
I ordered July with a expected delivery date of January 15, it sounds like you got caught in the facelift, I have seen se spec and x line cars in dealers now but not seen an m sport yet in the uk.

I was considering the evoque and to be honest I'd have had a macan had it been a little cheaper and not on an 18 month waiting list.
I think waiting time for Macan is even longer.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 07:55 AM   #127
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike333 View Post
All I could get at my local dealer was the price list brochure.
definitely the new brochure ... print date of JULY 2014 on it ... interestingly the SE model is shown with an old style aircon unit in the dash.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #128
mike333
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 30D MSport

Quote:
definitely the new brochure ... print date of JULY 2014 on it ... interestingly the SE model is shown with an old style aircon unit in the dash.
The price list was July 2014,still useful.

I think most dealers only have a limited number of brochures to hand out due to the cost?I suppose they would rather you download a digital version,I always prefer a glossy one to read.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #129
bowler_1
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 E70 X5 4.0D M Sport

X3 brochure download

I have just tried to download an X3 brochure from the BMW UK website but it is not shown on the model dropdown list, but all other models are
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #130
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike333 View Post
The price list was July 2014,still useful.

I think most dealers only have a limited number of brochures to hand out due to the cost?I suppose they would rather you download a digital version,I always prefer a glossy one to read.
If you get the brochure will it still be glossy when you get the car or old and dog eared !
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 12:49 PM   #131
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I think waiting time for Macan is even longer.
When I talked to a porsche dealer they were quoting 15 to 18 months, could be longer now though.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 02:44 AM   #132
jamiey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler_1 View Post
I have just tried to download an X3 brochure from the BMW UK website but it is not shown on the model dropdown list, but all other models are
Yep, I can't get it too.

Also have noticed that the brochures for the the 5 and X5 for download still state from April, which considering there have been spec changes over the summer is a little frustrating.
Appreciate 0