BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #1
June
Rep
Drives: 2012 x3 28i

I think my new X3 car is defective... HELP

Bought this a month ago, and I really want to return this car... Help.. I want to report this car to BMW NA... here are my videos

I am the same person who started the thread
"increase battery discharge" in this forum

Just want to repost it so a lot of people can read and help me... thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 12:23 AM   #2
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Please see post No. 26 on the other thread you started about this very same problem.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 12:51 AM   #3
FASTTOYS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi R8, X3M, XC60 R-Line

This can happen with all brands I am sorry you are having troubles. Document everything and I know BMW will fix the problem. I have owned over 14 BMW in the last 11 years and been very fortunate and happy with BMW. I purchased a new Audi this year and had nothing but problems. I traded in my in the shop once a quarter complex E60 M5 & purchased a new 11 Audi S4. The E60 M5 was the least reliable car I have owned, but I still loved that car. The new AUDI was nice for about two weeks until many problems started occurring. The rear diff leaked oil all over the garage. Then my MMI/NAV computer crashed with the audio at a high volume level that could not be turned off. I had two rattles that became so loud passengers made comments. The dealer temporary fixed the leak but the bad news AUDI did not have a permanent fix. This all happened in about 45 days from purchase. After talking with Audi HQ many times I was not happy with the response so after 93 days of ownership I purchased a new 2011 M3. IMO: I can tell you German cars are very complex and over engineered machines. Because of this the reliability is not as good as their Asian equivalent.

Last edited by FASTTOYS; 11-28-2011 at 12:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
married w/X3
1st time BMW owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey X3 28i

Would love to know the name and location of the dealership involved in this mess. Either a major mis-communication or the worst BMW service in the country.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i

I distinctly remember (along with others) providing advice to the OP about not getting hysterical and that no one listens to a person who is being hysterical or irrational.

The OP recognized that he/she gets hysterical some times and needs to calm down.

After that, we get this. Sorry, but the OP has now entered into the realm of the ridiculous. So much for staying calm and rational and dealing with the problem in a way that will lead to a solution.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
June
Rep
Drives: 2012 x3 28i

Sorry I duplicate my thread for I am not familiar to the format of this forum... But anyway, if you want to know my story, you can search my thread is entitled "Increased Battery discharge" So you can just read there what had happened to my 2012 X3...
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 12:06 PM   #7
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphone3 View Post
I distinctly remember (along with others) providing advice to the OP about not getting hysterical and that no one listens to a person who is being hysterical or irrational.

The OP recognized that he/she gets hysterical some times and needs to calm down.

After that, we get this. Sorry, but the OP has now entered into the realm of the ridiculous. So much for staying calm and rational and dealing with the problem in a way that will lead to a solution.

Jokes aside, it's no fun when it happens to you and I'm sure a lot of this was posted in the heat of the moment, so I really hope it gets resolved swiftly for you June. The guys at your dealership need their asses kicking

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #8
W3dge
Private
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 2.0D

What a bunch of Muppets. The dealership that is. Hope all works out,
Space Grey, Wheels, Doors and a boot, Pushy Finance Person pack (with optional walk out of dealer mode), Professional Medium Pack, Fully Eclectic Towbar, Autocratic Gearbox, Sporty seats, Heated Arguments, Reversing Assist Camera with Top View, BMW signature sills, Panoramic Glass Roof, have you considered the Pushy Finance Person Pack? ETD 22/12/2012
Appreciate 0