BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
CurbBender'90
S
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 S65

X3 Encounter

Hello everyone I would like to share a story that happened to me this morning. So I was driving on 275[Michigan Freeway] and spotted a X3 speeding along in traffic and decided to jump on it. I figured what the heck, I'm in a hurry to get somewhere too. After about 10 mins of driving there was a split in the road in which my exit was approaching ,so I jump on it to get in my right lane. I'm clear up front and see a few cars behind me I passed including the x3 I saw earlier. My exit was coming up and I had to get over to my right one lane to get on the off ramp. As soon as I put my blinker on and check my rear view as I inch over I see the X3 flying up behind me so fast I jump back over. I couldn't believe he was that much in a rush to get off and mind you I'm already doing 80!! At the end the ramp is a light that's already red anyways we both come to, he's going left I go right. I happen to pull up behind a yellow s4, who hesitated to make the right on red turn & when it changed drove off in a steady manner. I just thought to myself how aggressive some BMW drivers are for no reason lol. I'm somewhat a aggressive driver myself but mainly on open road, n don't purposely make maneuvers to interrupt the flow of traffic. Especially in the way he did. Any thoughts?
      08-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M

The aggression of the driver isn't linked to the badge of on the front of his/her car...
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

Yes but it is harder to be aggressive in a Yaris....lol..

Mind you what does "somewhat aggressive" mean?
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M

Quote:
Originally Posted by plymjack View Post
Yes but it is harder to be aggressive in a Yaris....lol..

Mind you what does "somewhat aggressive" mean?
I chuckled when you said that...

We sold the Disco and have an XC60 D5 on order... and in the meantime are borrowing the OH's mums Yaris T3 1.3 VVTI as a second car...

I tried to keep up in the Yaris with the OH driving my X3 the other day. Embarrassment ensued... she wasn't even pushing it!

(But i'm going off topic )
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

That goes to show you, not matter how crazy you think you are, there is always someone crazier. This just goes to prove that this article is true:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...age-wheel.html
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 05:06 AM   #6
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

My daughter is changing her Yaris to a 116 - think she will notice a lot of differences (except her monthly payments are only a little more!) - hope she doesn't get a blue one (as all her cars have been blue!!)
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 07:16 AM   #7
mac10
Private
England
Rep
Drives: Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo (SOLD)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Boy7 View Post
Hello everyone I would like to share a story that happened to me this morning. So I was driving on 275[Michigan Freeway] and spotted a X3 speeding along in traffic and decided to jump on it. I figured what the heck, I'm in a hurry to get somewhere too. After about 10 mins of driving there was a split in the road in which my exit was approaching ,so I jump on it to get in my right lane. I'm clear up front and see a few cars behind me I passed including the x3 I saw earlier. My exit was coming up and I had to get over to my right one lane to get on the off ramp. As soon as I put my blinker on and check my rear view as I inch over I see the X3 flying up behind me so fast I jump back over. I couldn't believe he was that much in a rush to get off and mind you I'm already doing 80!! At the end the ramp is a light that's already red anyways we both come to, he's going left I go right. I happen to pull up behind a yellow s4, who hesitated to make the right on red turn & when it changed drove off in a steady manner. I just thought to myself how aggressive some BMW drivers are for no reason lol. I'm somewhat a aggressive driver myself but mainly on open road, n don't purposely make maneuvers to interrupt the flow of traffic. Especially in the way he did. Any thoughts?
My thoughts:-

I have read this a couple of times and to be honest I think some of this, in fact a fair bit, is self inflicted!!

Quote:-
'to jump on it. I figured what the heck, I'm in a hurry to get somewhere too'

'I couldn't believe he was that much in a rush to get off and mind you I'm already doing 80!!'

Hardly the actions of an innocent non-aggressive driver!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #8
CurbBender'90
S
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Boy7 View Post
My thoughts:-

I have read this a couple of times and to be honest I think some of this, in fact a fair bit, is self inflicted!!

Quote:-
'to jump on it. I figured what the heck, I'm in a hurry to get somewhere too'

'I couldn't believe he was that much in a rush to get off and mind you I'm already doing 80!!'

Hardly the actions of an innocent non-aggressive driver!!!
Lol well I see your point, I'm not denying anything. I just felt the driver could have caused a accident rear ending me jus to get off a ramp!! That was the most unreasonable that I couldn't justify..
      08-30-2013, 08:42 AM   #9
CurbBender'90
S
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumblingtrout
The aggression of the driver isn't linked to the badge of on the front of his/her car...
I feel that's somewhat true and false...performance cars promote more aggressive driving habits
      08-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #10
gdstan55
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive35i

BMWs drive and handle so well that sometimes everything else on the road just seem to be going so slowly.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
kozzi
Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdstan55 View Post
BMWs drive and handle so well that sometimes everything else on the road just seem to be going so slowly.

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
Renaud
Private
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 20i; 2002 E36/8

Over here, Kia Picanto and Hyundai i10 drivers are the most "heroic"... size does not matter; in particular when it concerns the brain of the driver
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #13
MetaX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

I actually felt the most heroic when I was driving a Fiat while vacationing in Hawaii...No parking space was immune to my parking mojo and I could merge into any space in traffic without annoying anyone.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #14
colson79
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i DSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
That goes to show you, not matter how crazy you think you are, there is always someone crazier. This just goes to prove that this article is true:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...age-wheel.html
"Likeliest road rage culprits are men aged 35-50 with blue BMW cars"

Oh no, they could be talking about me. Interesting article, I always thought the color would be red.