BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-28-2013, 05:04 AM   #1
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Alpina XD3

Anybody driven or purchased the Alpina XD3?? One or two brief reviews on the Internet.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 05:48 AM   #2
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

Would love to see one for real.... anyone got one in the south west?
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #3
mac10
Private
England
Rep
Drives: Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo (SOLD)!

Yep!

Drove one on Sunday.......awesome piece of kit!!

Mine arrives sometime in September/October. Ordered in March, just after launch at Geneva. I was looking at an Evoque.......not a patch on the XD3.

Car is built in Spartenberg, as all the X3's but is then shipped to Germany to Buchloe (Alpina's Factory) where it is stripped down again, has it's own wiring loom, different cooling system, 2 turbo's fitted, different air intakes, Alcantara trim among other things depending on how you spec it.
It is a proper Alpina and not just a BMW with differing parts fitted to it on the BMW line as was the D3 Mono and Bi-Turbo's.
I have not driven an X3 but my god does this thing go, especially looking at how heavy it is. As the write up says though 'it's not a hot hatch'. Took it round some twisty roads by Sytner's Nottingham and the grip is impressive. I am told the suspension is also to Alpina spec and not standard fare, as is the gearbox all programmed to Alpina specific settings.
Where about in UK are you? If any where near Northwest come and have a look, once it arrives that is!
Sold out until April of next year! Even then build slots are going fast.
Sytner ordered an initial 15.....all gone!
Matt, Sytner's dedicated Alpina salesman told me that his boss said he wished they had ordered more!
regards
Mac10
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac10
Yep!

Drove one on Sunday.......awesome piece of kit!!

Mine arrives sometime in September/October. Ordered in March, just after launch at Geneva. I was looking at an Evoque.......not a patch on the XD3.

Car is built in Spartenberg, as all the X3's but is then shipped to Germany to Buchloe (Alpina's Factory) where it is stripped down again, has it's own wiring loom, different cooling system, 2 turbo's fitted, different air intakes, Alcantara trim among other things depending on how you spec it.
It is a proper Alpina and not just a BMW with differing parts fitted to it on the BMW line as was the D3 Mono and Bi-Turbo's.
I have not driven an X3 but my god does this thing go, especially looking at how heavy it is. As the write up says though 'it's not a hot hatch'. Took it round some twisty roads by Sytner's Nottingham and the grip is impressive. I am told the suspension is also to Alpina spec and not standard fare, as is the gearbox all programmed to Alpina specific settings.
Where about in UK are you? If any where near Northwest come and have a look, once it arrives that is!
Sold out until April of next year! Even then build slots are going fast.
Sytner ordered an initial 15.....all gone!
Matt, Sytner's dedicated Alpina salesman told me that his boss said he wished they had ordered more!
regards
Mac10
Sounds impressive I live on the south coast and no Alpina dealer nearby. Do you get a full BMW warranty on all the bits?? I guess you have to pay full list price?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
mac10
Private
England
Rep
Drives: Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo (SOLD)!

Only 2 year warranty but everything is covered! Can be extended if you wish.

No discounts!
Especially when everyone they make is to order!!

But you do have a rare car which going from both the Alpina's I have had previously will hold it's price better than the equivalent BMW.......but not by a vast amount though.

I would think your nearest dealer would be in London!

Franchised dealer is Sytner BMW, you can buy from any BMW dealer but they pay the same price as you so it is not worth their while and do not do it!

It can be serviced by any BMW dealer though with FULL BMW backing, so you would not be tied to your selling dealer you can go locally for warranty work etc.

regards
Mac10

ps
I forgot to add that Alpina are classed as a manufacturer, not a tuner like Schnitzer they work hand in glove with BMW! Carrying out a lot of development work for them etc.

Last edited by mac10; 08-28-2013 at 10:54 AM..
Appreciate 0