BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-29-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
utcadman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Garage List
My Winter Selection...Wheels and Tires

So a few points of discussion.

I wanted to stay with 19 inch for a few reasons. My fav Winter tire Blizzak LM60 is offered in the OEM size.

So I think this is really pretty economical for the whole package. I decided to try to get everything from the Tire rack to pay for shipping once etc...

The jury is out just a little on the whole to RFT or not to. I will plan on taking my chances.

Understanding I am looking for a true snow tire not an all season. The field is a bit limited.

I am wondering if anyone has used the Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D RunOnFlat .

It seems new and really not tested... It has a higher load and speed rating than the Blizzak but performance on snow is the most important thing for me.

Also the black Bremmer Karft will be on a Carbon X3. I have never had black wheels so your comments appreciated there.

Please look at my cart and let me know what you think.

Thanks a ton.

Jim
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

I used the Dunlops in RFT form on my 535xi in 2008. They were good on ice, and quiet on dry pavement. I suspect the Blizzaks may be a bit better in the deeper snow.

I think your proposed package looks good. I like the Bremmer Kraft wheels and was looking at those on TireRack as well. In the end, I got a set of 4 18" BMW OEM #308 wheels that the dealer has as take-offs from another customer's new X3. I am getting the 308s for a good price, but have decided on what snows to get yet.
      08-30-2011, 01:53 AM   #3
richardew
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 x335i

I think that package will get you through the winter. My X3 is Black Sapphire and I am going to go with silver wheels. I had black wheels on my AW 335XI. I like the black wheels with the white car. Not sure about black on black. Right now I am leaning towards RFT's, although the past 3 winters I had the LM's that weren't RFT's.

'96 911 C4 Cab (276,000 1 owner smiles)
'11 X3 35i Black Sapphire/Beige,SAP, CP, CWP, DHP, PREM, TECH, Sat radio, Hi Fi, BMW apps, smartphone, 19" w/mixed performance tires.
Appreciate 0