BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #23
rory breaker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnestHouse View Post
From the thread on the Satnav:
http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...satnav+x3+2014

It says April 2013 for the X3 to get the new SatNav:
Here's the BMW announcement:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716464
That doesn't mean it's LCI, that just means its getting the new nav. Is every car on that list LCI?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #24
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
That doesn't mean it's LCI, that just means its getting the new nav....
True. My original point was regarding the weakness of the X3 SatNav and that it was going to be significantly upgraded (HW and SW) this April. Whether that is the LCI isn't stated nor does it matter to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #25
rory breaker
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
True. My original point was regarding the weakness of the X3 SatNav and that it was going to be significantly upgraded (HW and SW) this April. Whether that is the LCI isn't stated nor does it matter to me.
Just clarifying your original claim regardless of if it matters to you, it probably does to the people who read it looking for facts vs speculation. Thanks for clarifying.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 06:20 AM   #26
ipso_facto
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d M Sport (Sports Auto)

Quote:
I can't speak for the OP but if you want a car with Navi, you pass over the X3 till the LCI this summer. Since you read the forums, you'll know there's an active thread on it here.

I don't know about the CRV but the Audi Q5 Navi has Google Earth and voice enabled Google search for POI fully integrated with their Navi and it's local gas station and traffic services.
Is the LCI due later this year, 2013? I see some saying this year, some saying 2014 ... does anyone have evidence to substantiate the time scale?

Cheers ...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #27
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
Just clarifying your original claim regardless of if it matters to you, it probably does to the people who read it looking for facts vs speculation. Thanks for clarifying.
I connected the SatNav update to the LCI based on this October article indicating the LCI for the X3 may be available "next spring-summer".

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...&highlight=LCI
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #28
rory breaker
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipso_facto View Post
Is the LCI due later this year, 2013? I see some saying this year, some saying 2014 ... does anyone have evidence to substantiate the time scale?

Cheers ...
Nothing concrete thus far - in December some rumored spy shots came out with minor changes under cover, but it's kind of odd for nothing more concrete to be available considering production would start in April and here we are almost February...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #29
bogx3
Rep
Drives: honda

I would expect that if the LCI is happening in April, we'll know by the time of the Geneva Motor Show on March 7th. At this point that's only 6 weeks away. In any case, the new iDrive looks all but certain to be added in April, so there is at least some benefit to waiting until then. Also there's a chance it will be MY14 which might help with resale.

But at that point, why not wait to check out the Porsche Macan when it arrives?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #30
paulbaz
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M Sports

Re the original question........... I have a 3.0D Msport and my wife has the new Honda CRV (EX diesel auto). IMHO both are very nice cars.
Dimensionally exterior/interior both are very similar. Both are well built and the Honda (ie my wifes) has more extras than I have on mine and cost circa £15k less!
However, for me, the driving experiences are totally different. The BMW is a great drivers car (for a SUV) with acceleration and handling to match, whilst the CRV is not nearly as competent.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #31
cblandin
Private
Rep
Drives: 97 M3, Volt, XC60

We test drove well over a dozen small SUVs in our search and all of the more economy minded SUVs (RAV4, CX-7, CRV, etc.) all felt basically the same...like tall economy cars. I even commented that I would rather buy a base model stripped European vehicle than a loaded RAV4/CRV/etc. - the drive is just completely different as others have stated. If you really don't care (or care less) about the drive and feel then by all means save a ton of money and go for one of the cars I listed. They will generally be problem free and virtually all of them (Escape, RAV4, CX5 and CRV) have been re-designed either this year or in the last 2 so they are current with the tech, etc. A buddy at work just got a new Escape and it looks sharp and has nice tech - he really likes it.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #32
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblandin View Post
... A buddy at work just got a new Escape and it looks sharp and has nice tech - he really likes it.
Especially when it catches fire!
http://www.newsomelaw.com/blog/2012/...uvs-since-july
Appreciate 0