BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-01-2012, 02:55 AM   #1
ADClapp
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2004 2.0 Diesel

X3 05 Diesel Electric heated seat fire.

Hi all, a couple of weeks ago I turned on the heated drivers seat as I pulled off the drive only a few minutes later noted the temp to the right buttock was much higher than the rest of the surface. I lifted myself up as the heat was to much for even the most harden backsides and found myself confronted with black smoke. I know my car is long out of BMW warranty but out of continued annoyance at constant costly issues with my last 2 X3's I emailed them very bluntly stating what had happened and demanding the seat be repaired ASAP FOC at my local dealer. I expected to be told to go away as is the norm from BMW UK. Shock horror, an email came back with an appology asking me to book the car in to my local dealer ASAP for repairs to be carried out FOC. I thought this a bit strange due to there usual get lost attitude. I called the dealer and with out even seeing the car they ordered the parts and the next day replaced the lower section of the seat. All like brand new and i'm very happy at the service i received for once. Cheers Andrew.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
Hoady02
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: F07 535i GT

Sorry to say this, but I had a good laugh at your misfortune. Is your bum better??!!! Glad to see BM doing something good for a change...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
ADClapp
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2004 2.0 Diesel

Seat fire

All good now but could have been much more interesting should I have been on a motorway. Cheers Andrew
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
derSpeed
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 35i M sport

A pal of mine lost an entire Volvo 850 to a heated seat fire.
Appreciate 0