BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #2091
benedirk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0D SE

Got mine a couple of weeks ago, will get some pictures up in due course although it is currently covered in sand from the rain we've had. Is the auto tilting mirror when you select reverse only included if you have the folding mirrors? Doesn't seem to work on mine. The brochure and manual are not clear at all.

Also if you have your ipod on random, is there anyway of skipping forward a track from the steering wheel?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 07:04 AM   #2092
vojak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Competition Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by benedirk View Post
Got mine a couple of weeks ago, will get some pictures up in due course although it is currently covered in sand from the rain we've had. Is the auto tilting mirror when you select reverse only included if you have the folding mirrors? Doesn't seem to work on mine. The brochure and manual are not clear at all.

Also if you have your ipod on random, is there anyway of skipping forward a track from the steering wheel?
Hi benedirk
If you have the folding mirrors, you need the mirror adjust switch set to the right hand position for it to work and dip the mirror in reverse.
Hope that helps
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #2093
SR40X3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfrom07 View Post
Looks really good Yeltzer... hope you had a good time over the weekend.

Have now done 1000 miles (mix of motorways, A roads and city traffic) and mpg of 44.2 isnt too bad ..it will only get better in time...well chuffed with the car and the ride quality is really good.

No Pro Nav so cant answer the 2nd question but agree with QT with regards to switching the audio cut off.
Second that Yeltzer...looks really good. Know that dealer well.

Yes swf...the ride quality is exceptional, be good to see what an Msport is like on big wheels and how it compares.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #2094
benedirk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vojak View Post
Hi benedirk
If you have the folding mirrors, you need the mirror adjust switch set to the right hand position for it to work and dip the mirror in reverse.
Hope that helps
Cheers
Thanks for the reply, I don't have the folding mirrors, which from your reply I assume you need for the mirror to dip.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #2095
Cropwell
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d msport xdrive

Not sure if this will work on X3 but on my 335d I don't have the folding mirrors but the nearside mirror dips when in reverse (with the mirror adjustment switch set to nearside position).
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #2096
charlie67
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche, F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropwell View Post
Not sure if this will work on X3 but on my 335d I don't have the folding mirrors but the nearside mirror dips when in reverse (with the mirror adjustment switch set to nearside position).
Yes I had that on my old 330ci. You just needed to make sure the mirror switch was in the right position.
      07-04-2012, 02:59 AM   #2097
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
welcome back washy If I was starting over i would get a 30d this time round. Mostly because there isn't much in the fuel economy, you have more power when you need it and it's quieter when idling. Think the price diff is about 4k when you take auto into account
Nice to be back. It will be a 30d this time and probably not in black. I am also tempted to get the VDC this time round.
      07-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #2098
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by washy View Post
Nice to be back. It will be a 30d this time and probably not in black. I am also tempted to get the VDC this time round.
Hi Washy, I'm also contemplating a 3.0d. I'm intriqued to find out current lead times. I presume this is dealer dependant i.e. they are allocated (or bid for) build slots.

Also I'm trying to find out what discount you can squeeze out of them. Some forum members have mentioned max 6% or 7%+

Finally could anyone recommend a good 'non' BMW finance deal. I currently have a 2 year HP with Balloon payment with an APR of 8%. My initial APR offer from the local BMW dealer was 11%, but I'm sure I can negociate based upon evidence of a better deal.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #2099
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick123 View Post
Hi Washy, I'm also contemplating a 3.0d. I'm intriqued to find out current lead times. I presume this is dealer dependant i.e. they are allocated (or bid for) build slots.

Also I'm trying to find out what discount you can squeeze out of them. Some forum members have mentioned max 6% or 7%+

Finally could anyone recommend a good 'non' BMW finance deal. I currently have a 2 year HP with Balloon payment with an APR of 8%. My initial APR offer from the local BMW dealer was 11%, but I'm sure I can negociate based upon evidence of a better deal.
Depending on your credit rating you may be able to part or even fully finance it with one or more 22 month 0% balance transfers. You'll pay 3% for a cash advance fee and then a another 3% handling fee (you have to get the cash on one card and then transfer to another although some cards let you transfer direct to a bank account for a fee). If you can set it up, it beats any loan's APR (the 22 month example above is less than 5% APR and the best APR on moneysupermarket is 5.9%). If you can get another balance transfer deal when the first one expires (so pay back over 44 months) it becomes cheaper still - equivalent of 4% APR. I part financed mine (~£20,000) using this method

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #2100
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Depending on your credit rating you may be able to part or even fully finance it with one or more 22 month 0% balance transfers. You'll pay 3% for a cash advance fee and then a another 3% handling fee (you have to get the cash on one card and then transfer to another although some cards let you transfer direct to a bank account for a fee). If you can set it up, it beats any loan's APR (the 22 month example above is less than 5% APR and the best APR on moneysupermarket is 5.9%). If you can get another balance transfer deal when the first one expires (so pay back over 44 months) it becomes cheaper still - equivalent of 4% APR. I part financed mine (~£20,000) using this method
Forgot to add that if you get a balance transfer credit card where you can transfer to a bank account (there are some cards that let you do this), you only pay 3% once every 22 months so for £20,000 you'd pay £900 in interest, which is 2.4% APR over 44 months

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #2101
Cropwell
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d msport xdrive

[QUOTE=philtrick123;12271604]Hi Washy, I'm also contemplating a 3.0d. I'm intriqued to find out current lead times. I presume this is dealer dependant i.e. they are allocated (or bid for) build slots.

Just had a voicemail from my dealer to say that car has departed plant and delivery should be third week in July !!
In answer to you question the lead times do vary, I think the lead times on 30d and 35d are generally shorter than 20d.
I ordered mine March 21st and was originally quoted delivery end of June so it has slipped back. Hard to guage any exact pattern as delivery lead times will be dependent on spec that you order and worldwide orders, most production will be LHD for US market which will take priority. I presume that the factory will juggle orders to batch up similar spec cars to make the production efficient so it may not be dealer dependent.

With regard to discounts this is probably more dealer dependent, I found the deals on the 3.0d to be better than the 2.0d. I got about 6% and they threw in the £350 service pack and paint guard (does anybody pay for this ?- strikes me as nothing more than sales toy to make you feel better when they chuck it in FOC). Again discounts may depend on time of the month and dealer sales targets and your negotiating skills.

Ordered:

Ordered X3 3.0d SE
Space Grey
Red Brown Nevada leather
Y Spoke 308
Sport Steering Wheel
Panoramic sunroof
Sport seats
Folding mirrors
DAB radio
Bluetooth
Service pack
Diesel
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #2102
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropwell View Post
and they threw in the £350 service pack and paint guard (does anybody pay for this ?- strikes me as nothing more than sales toy to make you feel better when they chuck it in FOC)
No, everyone gets this for free effectively as far as I can see. If you turn it down you don't suddenly see your list price reduced by £350. There are also lots of comments across the BMW forums saying it's not worth even a fraction of what they claim so you'd be better off ignoring it in your discount - but then again, a discount is only useful in relation to the discounts other people got so if they all include this, it does no harm. I think 6% is a very good effort seeing as it's still quite a new model

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #2103
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Nice spec BTW

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 02:52 AM   #2104
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick123 View Post

If I get the chance I am going into the dealer this weekend. I want to find out lead times and see what sort of deal I can get. Last time I popped in they had a 35d that they had acquired from another dealer allocation sat in the showroom so there does seem to be a few cars around.
      07-06-2012, 04:27 AM   #2105
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

I vist dealers around the SW when Im passing (sad I know) and they do seem to have more than one X3 in showrooms at the moment. Earlier in the year most only had one and then not always that!
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #2106
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Are there likely to be any changes for the new model year? Just wondered if it was worth holding off with an order in case.
      07-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #2107
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

Quote:
Are there likely to be any changes for the new model year? Just wondered if it was worth holding off with an order in case.
There'll always be a few very minor changes (like the eco pro button became standard on MY13) but the LCI (ie official facelift) is not due for at least another 2 years
      07-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #2108
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeltzer View Post
There'll always be a few very minor changes (like the eco pro button became standard on MY13) but the LCI (ie official facelift) is not due for at least another 2 years
Thanks for the info. Just need to nail a spec down now...
      07-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #2109
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Random post for the day ...

Features I am really glad I got

VDC is fantastic
Top View makes parking a doddle
Love the high end speakers over the basic ones in my wife's car.
Comfort access and electric boot is great.

Oh yes, got railroaded into the rubber floor mats despite the car coming with the velour ... was reluctant, but boy they are fantastic if you go anywhere muddy! I am so pleased I have them!
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #2110
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBA

Quote:
If I get the chance I am going into the dealer this weekend. I want to find out lead times and see what sort of deal I can get. Last time I popped in they had a 35d that they had acquired from another dealer allocation sat in the showroom so there does seem to be a few cars around.
Hi Washy, did you manage to make any head way on getting a deal with your dealer?

TO ALL- my current car finance runs out in December. Would I be better keeping my current car, and order the new X3 for delivery on new March 2013 Registration. If I get the new X3 for December, I presume I could be loosing some money at resale time.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 02:54 AM   #2111
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

Yes it would be better to wait till March (or September) but you will then get the "when is the 2014 model due" issue so may end up chasing your tail!
I think the timescales will be better by then so you at least wont have to long a wait.
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 05:45 AM   #2112
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
Top View makes parking a doddle
It's absolutely fantastic isn't it? Biggest car I've ever owned (or driven) and it's never been so easy to park smack bang between two lines and/or make sure you're not overhanging the front/rear of a space.

Does anyone know where the cameras are located in the wing mirrors? On my Dad's X6 there are two distinct plastic 'bubbles' underneath each wing mirror but there is no such distortion to the mirrors on my F25. Maybe its all just black magic