BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #309
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
Some pics of the copper. In all but direct sunlight it's a lovely dark, well, copper. It complements the mocha really well (which looks a bit lighter than it really is in these pics). In direct sunlight it brings out the sparkles in it.
Certainly a very classic and well matched look.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 11:18 AM   #310
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
Moved to 25th - think 17th was arrival at dealer/distributor date... might get a couple of days sooner.. but hope 25th is latest... quite ready for this now...
Lets hope it's a case of under promise and over deliver from your broker.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #311
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchThis! View Post
Lets hope it's a case of under promise and over deliver from your broker.
Fingers crossed.. good to see Mocha and copper Kermit as that's what I have too..

I thought copper and Mocha sounded like they should be a good pairing..

Oh and I have been waiting just over 6mths too.. got this for four years but will be ordering new car at 3yrs 6 months next time.. though that seems a long time away ! Probably get a hover car...
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 12:39 PM   #312
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
Fingers crossed.. good to see Mocha and copper Kermit as that's what I have too..

I thought copper and Mocha sounded like they should be a good pairing..

Oh and I have been waiting just over 6mths too.. got this for four years but will be ordering new car at 3yrs 6 months next time.. though that seems a long time away ! Probably get a hover car...
Depending on where you are in the UK, you might need one in 4 years time.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #313
Akers
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 MSport 2.0 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northandy View Post
Good news on a date of pickup, I wish mine would hurry up!
Agree, seems an eternity ... Four months since I ordered ... Maybe another four months to wait

Not good not good at all !
Seems a very long wait, ordered mine in mid June production this wk, expected at the dealership in 6wks just before Xmas.hope arrives on time.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 01:48 PM   #314
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akers View Post
Seems a very long wait, ordered mine in mid June production this wk, expected at the dealership in 6wks just before Xmas.hope arrives on time.
Have you had a recent update / VIN, or was this the info at the time of ordering?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 01:51 PM   #315
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
The mocha with the copper certainly looks very good in those pictures. I originally ordered that combo but chickened out of the chocolate seats .. I saw the brown seats in a skoda yeti which just didn't look right at all and they put me off. Would love to see it in real life

I have seen a couple of "browns" in the 5 series which look good although they seemed a bit brighter.

All the pictures of the copper I have seen look very good .... It seems the first time I see it will be when mine arrives

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #316
Akers
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchThis!
Quote:
Have you had a recent update / VIN, or was this the info at the time of ordering?
VIN will only be available once the production finishes hope I'll have this next wk. I have been changing options and model right up to 3 weeks ago ( started with SE, then changed to xline and finally changed to msport). Took a risk with the last change as dealer said the order might go back 8wks at least, fortunately no change to production date and delivery, he was surprised as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #317
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
VIN will only be available once the production finishes hope I'll have this next wk. I have been changing options and model right up to 3 weeks ago ( started with SE, then changed to xline and finally changed to msport). Took a risk with the last change as dealer said the order might go back 8wks at least, fortunately no change to production date and delivery, he was surprised as well.
That's interesting as I have been toying with changing from xline to msport .. I've worked it out as only £1100 different between my xline spec and msport which with discount and added value on gmfv shouldn't cost me that much more per month

Did you swop like for like spec or continue upgrade ?

Mine should be built in February so still has some time to make changes

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #318
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like it's all under control and it'll be here before the year is out. My dealer was very nervous about changes coming up to the build week, so I didn't chance my arm. Also, the build week changed all by itself to next year, but a phone call or two managed to get it back.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 02:53 PM   #319
Akers
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o
Quote:
That's interesting as I have been toying with changing from xline to msport .. I've worked it out as only 1100 different between my xline spec and msport which with discount and added value on gmfv shouldn't cost me that much more per month

Did you swop like for like spec or continue upgrade ?

Mine should be built in February so still has some time to make changes
Also had a similar difference but had to pay for the colour, as only white is free and didn't want an all white car (my interior also white).The GFV on the SE was 16,800 I haven't had the number for the msport yet, looking at other sites the GFV on msport is about 19k .Use below formulae on excel to calculate monthly payments.

=pmt(apr%/12,duration in months,value of credit, - GFV,0)

Note GFV is a negative number.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 03:22 PM   #320
Akers
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchThis!
Quote:
Sounds like it's all under control and it'll be here before the year is out. My dealer was very nervous about changes coming up to the build week, so I didn't chance my arm. Also, the build week changed all by itself to next year, but a phone call or two managed to get it back.
One of the members here think it's Barcelona pointed me to the BMW manufacturing website which states that it's so flexible you make changes up to 6 days before production. I contacted BMW online chat to confirm this unfortunately they have have no clue and insisted I can't make changes without significantly affecting lead time.

Extract from the website

"Freedom of choice – it’s the very heart of the BMW production process. BMW produces at least 80 percent of its vehicles to customer order. When you stop to consider all the unique combinations of exterior and interior colors, engines, options, and upgrades available, it’s enough to tax the imagination. In fact, it’s been said that we could run two shifts a day, seven days a week, for up to six months and never build the same vehicle twice. Perhaps more intriguing is the intricate and intelligent process by which it all comes together: coordinated sequencing of parts and precise engineering that is so unique and so flexible it allows you to make changes to your automobile up until six days before it is built."
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 01:26 AM   #321
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
One of the members here think it's Barcelona pointed me to the BMW manufacturing website which states that it's so flexible you make changes up to 6 days before production. I contacted BMW online chat to confirm this unfortunately they have have no clue and insisted I can't make changes without significantly affecting lead time.

Extract from the website

"Freedom of choice – it’s the very heart of the BMW production process. BMW produces at least 80 percent of its vehicles to customer order. When you stop to consider all the unique combinations of exterior and interior colors, engines, options, and upgrades available, it’s enough to tax the imagination. In fact, it’s been said that we could run two shifts a day, seven days a week, for up to six months and never build the same vehicle twice. Perhaps more intriguing is the intricate and intelligent process by which it all comes together: coordinated sequencing of parts and precise engineering that is so unique and so flexible it allows you to make changes to your automobile up until six days before it is built."
All that says is that you can't change the configuration within six days from build date, which in a JIT manufacturing plant has to be the case.
I doubt they'd go for something like:
"....so unique and so flexible it allows you to make changes to your automobile up until six days before it is built, and we'll even press the button on our patented build date generator free of charge leaving you banging your head against a wall as you try and work out why adding a luggage net adds a further 3 months to the already substantial wait. However, if you change to a colour combination that really doesn't work, or forget to order any seats, we'll build it the next day"

Last edited by WatchThis!; 11-10-2014 at 01:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 05:48 AM   #322
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
All that says is that you can't change the configuration within six days from build date, which in a JIT manufacturing plant has to be the case.
"....so unique and so flexible it allows you to make changes to your automobile up until six days before it is built, and we'll even press the button on our patented build date generator free of charge leaving you banging your head against a wall as you try and work out why adding a luggage net adds a further 3 months to the already substantial wait. However, if you change to a colour combination that really doesn't work, or forget to order any seats, we'll build it the next day"
      11-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #323
cumbrianlad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

So how come, when they give you a delivery date and then find they cannot supply a part, you specify an alternative part months ahead of that date, your delivery date goes out a further four months?? Hmm. Don't think I'd be changing anything within a month of build date unless I was happy to accept delay.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #324
Akers
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

I can consider myself lucky as I changed from xline to msport and colour on the 10th October original build wk 46 (this wk) no change to this, I had my VIN from the dealer this morning.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 01:40 AM   #325
halfalife
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 3.0D Msport

Wheelgate

Feeling pretty pi$$ed off with BMW at the moment. My dealer advised me to ring BMW customer line about the 607 debacle. Spoke to a young lad who could only apologise and nothing else. I was embarrassed for him. I told him by advertising the car with the 607 wheels and then not being able to supply them, they are mis-selling and falsly advertising the product. Just got fobbed off. So, I rang the dealers and spoke to the sales manager and explained my deep unstatisfaction of the lack of customer service and the fact that when I'm spending 50k on a car, I should get the wheels that is supposed to come with it and told him I am seriousley considering cancelling the order (which I am). Hopefully should get some feedback today....after all, they are plenty of other cars out there !
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 02:06 AM   #326
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfalife View Post
Feeling pretty pi$$ed off with BMW at the moment. My dealer advised me to ring BMW customer line about the 607 debacle. Spoke to a young lad who could only apologise and nothing else. I was embarrassed for him. I told him by advertising the car with the 607 wheels and then not being able to supply them, they are mis-selling and falsly advertising the product. Just got fobbed off. So, I rang the dealers and spoke to the sales manager and explained my deep unstatisfaction of the lack of customer service and the fact that when I'm spending 50k on a car, I should get the wheels that is supposed to come with it and told him I am seriousley considering cancelling the order (which I am). Hopefully should get some feedback today....after all, they are plenty of other cars out there !
It is pretty poor .. I have now asked my sales guy three times if my car is affected ... All he says is .. Not at this time but if it does become affected I'll let you know ...

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 04:32 AM   #327
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
It is pretty poor .. I have now asked my sales guy three times if my car is affected ... All he says is .. Not at this time but if it does become affected I'll let you know ...
Not even TVR was this hit'n'miss.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 07:51 AM   #328
gazzer666
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2015 XLine 2.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfalife View Post
Basically what I put in my formal letter to them.

Misleading advertising, bait and switch, no communication, legal proceedings to follow.....

Had a holding reply from them saying they are investigating the matter for me. Not holding my breath
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 09:08 AM   #329
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Everyone has been told different things but BMW Fleet UK told my broker that the wheels were permanently discontinued.. Don't believe BMW knows arse from elbow on this. But I would be very surprised if not all X-Lines were affected..

Only offer I am getting is a cargo mat and winter interior mats. If the deal wasn't so good I would have thought of cancelling too..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 09:21 AM   #330
gazzer666
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2015 XLine 2.0d

Well had an official response from BMW regarding the X-Line 607 wheels.

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with regards to the alloy wheels fitted to your BMW X3 xDrive20d xLine. I can certainly understand the frustration this must have caused you, especially as you upgraded to xLine trim, for the alloy wheels fitted as standard with this option.

I can confirm that, due to ongoing supply issues regarding the 18” Y-Spoke style alloy wheels (607), these have been restricted throughout 2014. I can advise, this option has since been removed from November 2014 and is no longer available for customers to order. The BMW UK Sales Office communicated to all BMW Approved Retailers the issues regarding this option, therefore, each Centre was required to amend the order should the 605 style have been requested. Two alternatives have been given to all Retailers which include the 18” Double-Spoke (605) which is free of charge, or 19” Y-Spoke (608) for an £800 upgrade. It was advised that all Retailers were to contact their customers regarding this option.

So basically tough luck or go order an Audi

ps. load of c*ck about November as the UK configurator still shows the 607 wheels as default. Obviously still happy to charge the full amount for the X-Line trim then.

Last edited by gazzer666; 11-11-2014 at 09:34 AM..
Appreciate 0