BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
frankwin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive35i w/MSport and +

New member and new car ordered

Hi, I am very glad I have discovered that fantastic forum about the new X3. There is a lot of interesting information but this make me also worried about my order

My current 2001 330i w/sportpkg was due for a change and needed more room for the family without loosing the spirit of BMW I took black again (but sapphire) and now looking at all those pictures I am still wondering if blue wouldn't have been a better choice, well now it is probably too late Also I wish we could have access to a manual transmission here in Canada because I love the quick response of a dry clutch.

My order is X3 xDrive35i with storage compartment package, tech package, m-sport package, special order for the rear seats foldable 40-20-40 (since it is not standard anymore) and an hitch.

Now what make me the most worried is the fact that the m-sport package seems to be really different compared to other Canadian people. The dealer told me I would get, for example, the sport suspension but someone else mentioned on this forum it wasn't the case. I don't want the company selling me a package that will not be fully installed on the car. Any idea how we can confirm each component of the package on delivery?

Thanks and I will keep reading your posts!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Welcome, you will find a wealth of info here.
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwin View Post
Hi, I am very glad I have discovered that fantastic forum about the new X3. There is a lot of interesting information but this make me also worried about my order

My current 2001 330i w/sportpkg was due for a change and needed more room for the family without loosing the spirit of BMW I took black again (but sapphire) and now looking at all those pictures I am still wondering if blue wouldn't have been a better choice, well now it is probably too late Also I wish we could have access to a manual transmission here in Canada because I love the quick response of a dry clutch.

My order is X3 xDrive35i with storage compartment package, tech package, m-sport package, special order for the rear seats foldable 40-20-40 (since it is not standard anymore) and an hitch.

Now what make me the most worried is the fact that the m-sport package seems to be really different compared to other Canadian people. The dealer told me I would get, for example, the sport suspension but someone else mentioned on this forum it wasn't the case. I don't want the company selling me a package that will not be fully installed on the car. Any idea how we can confirm each component of the package on delivery?

Thanks and I will keep reading your posts!
Search around in some of the threads on here with the MSport pkg, and you will see what the CDN MSport actually has. The MSport pkg does NOT have sport suspension unless you also order the Dynamic Comfort Control pkg to get the Damper control. Press your dealer to provide you with the correct info as it applies to Cdn orders. I have no idea what you mean by "a package that will not be fully installed on the car"??
      04-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #4
frankwin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

I probably did not explain correctly by "fully installed"... I mean that the current paper I got from the dealer has sport suspension so they are supposed to deliver what has been agreed when I ordered. If package change because of bad advice, misinformation or whatever else, I shouldn't be penalized. When you make a contract/order, you have to deliver the items mentioned so if sport suspension is not there, I will complain about that.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I probably did not explain correctly by "fully installed"... I mean that the current paper I got from the dealer has sport suspension so they are supposed to deliver what has been agreed when I ordered. If package change because of bad advice, misinformation or whatever else, I shouldn't be penalized. When you make a contract/order, you have to deliver the items mentioned so if sport suspension is not there, I will complain about that.
Well, the Cdn MSport package has "standard suspension" included in the list of the contents of the MSport pkg. You should clarify this with your dealer ASAP in case you wish to amend your order.
      04-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
frankwin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Called another dealer and you're right!

For this type of car, do you think it will make a big difference having Dynamic Confort pkg? Without test-driving both, this is difficult to know if I would really see a difference in day to day. I won't be driving it on a race track
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #7
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Welcome aboard!
Dave
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #8
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Called another dealer and you're right!

For this type of car, do you think it will make a big difference having Dynamic Confort pkg? Without test-driving both, this is difficult to know if I would really see a difference in day to day. I won't be driving it on a race track
It really depends on you and your driving choices. If it's a family hauler, and you have no desire to use it a bit more "aggressively"; I would say the lack of Dynamic Comfort would be just fine. I don't think the differences will be huge, but not totally sure as I have not driven a new X3 that had the Dynamic Comfort. Maybe someone else on here alreadly has done that? The vehicle will handle just fine without Dynamic, so I wouldn't overly worry about it.

But only you can decide.
      04-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #9
frankwin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

When I am alone in the car, I have a more aggressive sport-oriented driving with my car so I was wondering if the edge DCP is giving us might increase the fun noticeably.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #10
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

It does.
      04-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #11
frankwin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Have you compared both version? Can you give more details?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 09:31 AM   #12
frankwin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

man the wait is so long, two more weeks approx, my car is in the train
Appreciate 0