BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-29-2020, 01:31 PM   #1
CarlosOrozco
Registered
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X4 30I

2021 BMW X4 G02 sound system upgrade question

So I wasn't happy at all with the base sound my X4 came with.
I bought the Harman Kardon like tweeter covers, so I could place components speakers in the doors OEM style, and also add speakers at the back (rear deck).
I replaced front and rear door speakers with Focal K2 Power ES 100K 4" component speakers, the front underseat woofers with Bavsound 8" Ghost Subwoofers, added a pair of Focal PC100 4" coaxial speakers at the rear deck, and a 10" Focal P25F Subwoofer under the trunk.
Speakers and underseat subwoofers powered by a pair of Focal FD 4.350 amplifiers. Subwoofer powered by a Focal FD 2.350 amplifier.

Sounds pretty good overall, very happy with the results, but now I have one issue which I haven't been able to fix... the blinker sound when I use the turn signals are WAY TOO LOUD. Anyone has a solution to this?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 01:36 PM   #2
Alex C.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Bmw X3 xdrive30i

Garage List
How did you integrate the amps with the factory system? I know the 21+ have a different amp than the 2019 as the new ones have a RAM unit. That could be the issue you’re having with the loud blinker. Im using the bimmertech pnp amp in my car and the blinker sounds normal. Maybe the blinker sound is tied to the parking sensor sound. You could try adjusting that in idrive. Thats all I know, not too sure how to fix but your system build is awesome!
Appreciate 0