BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-05-2014, 07:56 PM   #23
guyver626
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 35i m-sport carbon black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oslermarine
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyver626 View Post
Where do you live that the price for the wheel and tire was $1500? And what warranty company is it? Any deductible? Also if you don't mine which extended warranty did you go with and how much does that cost?
And forgot to say. Congrats! Car looks amazing. I have a 14carbon black and I love mine.
Baltimore. It's through BMW, no insurance company. I went with the service extended warranty which was roughly $2000.
Oh you got the service plan. I thought you bought the warranty (gold/platinum). I was trying to figure out what the going price for that warranty.

Anyway any mods plans? I just picked up Thule BLACK aeroblades yesterday. It just came out the past few week as the standard ones are silver. If you want to order it, better do it soon as the Thule sale ends June 9th. 20% off most Thule products. The quality is amazing. But I haven't got a chance to install it yet.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #24
ghostdog1108
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4 M40i CARBON BLACK

Excellent choice!
      06-05-2014, 09:47 PM   #25
cadman50
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i, 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oslermarine View Post
Yep, I did get the cold weather package that includes heated steering wheels. I said I didn't get the driver assistance plus package, which you can't when you get the cold weather package.
I just did a build on a X3 35i with just about everything. $63K...price sure did go up in 2+ years. I don't understand the configuration for Driver Assistance Plus. Are you only giving up Active Driving Assistant or are you also giving up Blind Spot monitoring, Surround View and Speed Limit info? Are those 3 things packaged with ACC Stop and Go?
oh yeah...it also didn't say what size tires you get with the 20" option. What are yours? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 06:44 PM   #26
Oslermarine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 35i M-sport X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman50 View Post
I just did a build on a X3 35i with just about everything. $63K...price sure did go up in 2+ years. I don't understand the configuration for Driver Assistance Plus. Are you only giving up Active Driving Assistant or are you also giving up Blind Spot monitoring, Surround View and Speed Limit info? Are those 3 things packaged with ACC Stop and Go?
oh yeah...it also didn't say what size tires you get with the 20" option. What are yours? Thanks.
I'm not sure what it was building out to 2 years ago, but $63K is where my landed not including the extra warranties. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I don't have blind spot detection, ACC stop and go, or speed limit info, but I seem to have surround view. Essentially, if you get the all weather package, which is a must for me, you give up those things. Regarding the tires, I just looked at the build sheet and it doesn't mention. I know they are Pirelli run-flats though. Let me know if you want a little more info. Happy to help. Again, can't say enough for the interior choice.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 06:47 PM   #27
Oslermarine
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyver626 View Post
Oh you got the service plan. I thought you bought the warranty (gold/platinum). I was trying to figure out what the going price for that warranty.

Anyway any mods plans? I just picked up Thule BLACK aeroblades yesterday. It just came out the past few week as the standard ones are silver. If you want to order it, better do it soon as the Thule sale ends June 9th. 20% off most Thule products. The quality is amazing. But I haven't got a chance to install it yet.
No mod plans so far. I haven't looked into it, but wouldn't do much considering the wheels and m-sport body I ordered. Perhaps, a different exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 08:47 PM   #28
SoDigito
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16%E2%80%99 X6 / 10%E2%80%99 5

Nice ride. Congratz!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 01:31 PM   #29
mjrelentless
Rep
Drives: 335i

Love your x3. Just ordered an Alpine White M-Sport 35i w/ the same wheels. I have a couple questions....

1. I have heard the msport model comes with a different key fob than xline.. True?
2. What size are your tires on the staggered wheels?
3. Does the msport model have the X logo on the front headrests?
4. What size is the new hi-res navigation screen? I've heard 8.8"
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 10:21 PM   #30
Coreyn
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X-3 35i

Garage List
2014 BMW X-3  [0.00]
2014 BMW X-3  [0.00]
Just got my Alpine White 35i 2014. LOVE IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrelentless View Post
Love your x3. Just ordered an Alpine White M-Sport 35i w/ the same wheels. I have a couple questions....

1. I have heard the msport model comes with a different key fob than xline.. True?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #31
Oslermarine
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

1. I can upload a picture of my key fob if you'd like, but I don't know what the xline fob looks like
2. They are 245/40 R20 run flats
3. Mine does not have the logo
4. I actually don't know the size, but it looks the same as the 2014 msport I test drove.

Hope that is helpful and more than welcome to answer other questions.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 01:27 PM   #32
cadman50
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure what it was building out to 2 years ago, but $63K is where my landed not including the extra warranties. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I don't have blind spot detection, ACC stop and go, or speed limit info, but I seem to have surround view. Essentially, if you get the all weather package, which is a must for me, you give up those things. Regarding the tires, I just looked at the build sheet and it doesn't mention. I know they are Pirelli run-flats though. Let me know if you want a little more info. Happy to help. Again, can't say enough for the interior choice.
Damn....I couldn't give up the weather package either but it would be nice to have the other things that you didn't get. the HUD is the most likely thing that I could give up. I wonder if the next years model may include those missing items WITH the weather package. I have another 20K left on my warranty so I will consider waiting to find out. I'm not in a big rush now anyway but your ride is certainly making me think about trading in when I have a littler more equity.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #33
Oslermarine
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman50 View Post
Damn....I couldn't give up the weather package either but it would be nice to have the other things that you didn't get. the HUD is the most likely thing that I could give up. I wonder if the next years model may include those missing items WITH the weather package. I have another 20K left on my warranty so I will consider waiting to find out. I'm not in a big rush now anyway but your ride is certainly making me think about trading in when I have a littler more equity.
You wouldn't have to give up the HUD (which I have). That comes with the technology package I believe.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 02:27 PM   #34
cadman50
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You wouldn't have to give up the HUD (which I have). That comes with the technology package I believe.
I mean that I would rather have the blind spot detection and ACC and wouldn't think twice about giving up the HUD. I drove one with it at night and it drove me crazy.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 03:32 PM   #35
bentyyc
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Quote:
I have a couple questions....

1. Yes, I believe the M-Sport key is different than the "regular" key which the xLine has

2. 245s are upfront. The rears are a 275 section.

3. The X logo stamp has nothing to do with M-Sport. There are three Nevada leathers that have "stamping and contrast stitching" and have the X logo stamp. They are Mocha, Oyster and Black.

Hope that helps...

Last edited by bentyyc; 06-09-2014 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #36
mjrelentless
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentyyc View Post
1. Yes, I believe the M-Sport key is different than the "regular" key which the xLine has

2. 245s are upfront. The rears are a 275 section.

3. The X logo stamp has nothing to do with M-Sport. There are three Nevada leathers that have "stamping and contrast stitching" and have the X logo stamp. They are Mocha, Oyster and Black.

Hope that helps...
That helps a lot! Do you know about the navigation screen size as well?

Also, do you have a picture of the fob differences?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #37
bentyyc
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
That helps a lot! Do you know about the navigation screen size as well?

Also, do you have a picture of the fob differences?
Don't know the screen size for sure, but 8.8" sounds about right...

Sp82, posted a good shot of the xLine key in his thread:
http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=10

Perhaps another member with M-sport can post a pic of their key?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 12:26 AM   #38
czarmar
Private
Rep
Drives: 1999 323i

Bummer the LCI M Sport X3 didn't get the cool M sport steering wheel other BMWs get. Maybe for 2016....
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 10:52 AM   #39
Oslermarine
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by czarmar View Post
Bummer the LCI M Sport X3 didn't get the cool M sport steering wheel other BMWs get. Maybe for 2016....
How is it different? The x3 m-sport does come with a different steering wheel (fatter with M logo) compared to the other x3s.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #40
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oslermarine
Quote:
Originally Posted by czarmar View Post
How is it different? The x3 m-sport does come with a different steering wheel (fatter with M logo) compared to the other x3s.
The new familial M-sport wheel is a tri-spoke wheel with a smaller, rounder airbag.

Google "m sport steering wheel" + F32, F30, F15, F10, F80, F82, etc
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 10:00 AM   #41
Oslermarine
Private First Class
Rep

By request, some pictures of my interior. The one posted was taken by a family member in the sun. It looks much more orange here so I'll get some more subtle pictures. Also, I wanted brushed aluminum accents but am happy with the ones that magically showed up with the car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #42
bentyyc
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
By request, some pictures of my interior. The one posted was taken by a family member in the sun. It looks much more orange here so I'll get some more subtle pictures. Also, I wanted brushed aluminum accents but am happy with the ones that magically showed up with the car.
What a fantastic combination!!

Thanks for posting!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 02:59 PM   #43
Oslermarine
Private First Class
Rep

A few more from my iPhone. Not the greatest quality but representative I believe.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 04:00 PM   #44
Woody_xbimmer
Registered
Rep
Drives: Ordered X3 M-sport 2015

I have also ordered the X3 2015 M-sport but I need to wait until September before my current lease car period ends. I am counting down the weeks of course…
I have chosen for the 19inch 622M wheels instead of the great 20inch versions you have. The tire size although is the same; meaning 275 at the back.
I was wondering how the width of the 275 tires look like form the back angle view of the car. Is it possible to post a picture where you can show how great these 275’ers look like?
Do you have also the fully electric towbar option?
If yes, does the automatic tailgate operation (foot bellow the rear M-bumper) is available/working in the combination of the M-sport backside bumper and the towbar system?
Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0