BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-20-2014, 01:10 PM   #331
bentyyc
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 MINI Countryman S ALL4

We got our Build Number - should start production in Spartanburg on May 5th!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentyyc View Post
Hey - first post!

On order:

2015 X3 xDrive28i (Canadian-spec)
  • B53 Sparkling Brown Metallic
  • LUNF Mocha Nevada Leather with Embossing and Contrast Stitching
  • 4FU Fineline Anthracite Trim
  • ZJ7 Premium Pkg Enhanced - Includes Lights Package, Comfort Access, Nav, HK, xLine among other things
  • ZJ8 Executive Pkg - Heated Rear Seats, Adaptive Lights, Surround View, HUD, etc.
  • 2E2 19" Type 608 Wheels (included in xLine)
  • 2TB Sport Tranny with Paddles
  • 417 Manual Side Sunshades
  • 6NS Convenience Telephony with Smartphone Connectivity

May production slot. Should arrive in June... Yeah!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 09:30 PM   #332
BMW FINALLY!
Ultimate Driving Machine!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW FINALLY! View Post
My 2011 x3 lease is up in June. I ordered a new 2015 today! Thanks to all of you on here for posting updates and pictures and helping me to make my decision. I ordered a...........

2015 X3 xDrive 28i
Melbourne Red Metallic
Mocha Nevada Leather w/ Orange Contrast Stitching
Fineline Anthracite Trim w/ Chrome Accent

M Sport Package
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
Lighting Package w/ Adaptive Full LED Lights and Automatic High Beams
Premium Package
Technology Package
Harmon Kardon Surround Sound System
Parking Assistant
Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration

My salesman said it would be ready between late may and late June. I was hoping to do the pull ahead program and get it sooner but I was told (which I learned here as well) that there was a hold on the M Sport models. TOTAL BUMMER! He did say it could change and be moved up though.

I'm kind of worried about the Mocha Leather with the Melbourne Red. I'm considering switching to the black leather interior instead. However, I currently have a Deep Sea Blue Metallic w/ Leather Nevada Mojave and Brushed Aluminum Trim and it looks great! What do you folks think?

K ;-)
UPDATE!
Thanks to you very knowledgeable people I just got off the phone with my Client Adviser/Salesman and changed/updated my 2015 X3 order. The changes have *change* next to them. I got a really good DEAL! WOW! I really lucked out and could not say no to the changes and upgrades with the deal they offered me! Reading posts from some of you helped make my decisions. So THANKS! Would love to know what you all think of my updated/new order. He says it should go into production two weeks from today and should arrive early June

I now have on order:

2015 X3 xDrive 35i *CHANGED FROM 28i*
Melbourne Red Metallic
Black Nevada Leather w/ Gray Contrast Stitching *CHANGED FROM MOCHA WITH ORANGE CONTRAST STITCHING*

M Sport Package
Cold Weather Package
Dynamic Handling Package *CHANGE, ADDED THIS*
Premium Package
Technology Package (super excited about the Heads Up Display)
Rear Manual Side Window Shades
Parking Assistant (Super Excited about this too)

Only package I did not get is the "Driver Assistance Plus" package because getting that package takes off the heated steering wheel and (one other thing I cant remember) due to the M Sport Steering wheel for some reason etc. Since I live in Minneapolis I'd get more benefit from the heated steering wheel think
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 01:53 PM   #333
bentyyc
Private
Canada
Rep

Sounds like a great spec! Congrats!!

We considered (briefly) Melbourne Red with Mocha Nevada as well, but also changed.

Can't wait to see her!

Quote:
UPDATE!
Thanks to you very knowledgeable people I just got off the phone with my Client Adviser/Salesman and changed/updated my 2015 X3 order. The changes have *change* next to them. I got a really good DEAL! WOW! I really lucked out and could not say no to the changes and upgrades with the deal they offered me! Reading posts from some of you helped make my decisions. So THANKS! Would love to know what you all think of my updated/new order. He says it should go into production two weeks from today and should arrive early June

I now have on order:

Melbourne Red Metallic
Black Nevada Leather w/ Gray Contrast Stitching *CHANGED FROM MOCHA WITH ORANGE CONTRAST STITCHING*

M Sport Package
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package

Only package I did not get is the "Driver Assistance Plus" package because getting that package takes off the heated steering wheel and (one other thing I cant remember) due to the M Sport Steering wheel for some reason etc. Since I live in Minneapolis I'd get more benefit from the heated steering wheel think
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 06:07 PM   #334
BMW FINALLY!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like a great spec! Congrats!!

We considered (briefly) Melbourne Red with Mocha Nevada as well, but also changed.

Can't wait to see her!
Thanks! What did you decide on?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 06:49 PM   #335
bentyyc
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! What did you decide on?
Post right above yours...
Sparkling Brown Metallic on Mocha Nevada
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 07:21 PM   #336
RaisinCain27
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
UPDATE!

I now have on order:

Melbourne Red Metallic

M Sport Package
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package

I was told by a client advisor and have seen it in the order guide that the Cold Weather Package is not available with the 2015 M Sport. You can order the heated front seats as a separate option but not the full package. That would seem to be false based on your actual experience.

May I ask why you swapped out the mocha seats? I was torn between those and the black. I was also unaware you could get the black with grey accent stitching on the M Sport. That may change my mind too.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 08:02 PM   #337
BMW FINALLY!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisinCain27 View Post
I was told by a client advisor and have seen it in the order guide that the Cold Weather Package is not available with the 2015 M Sport. You can order the heated front seats as a separate option but not the full package. That would seem to be false based on your actual experience.

May I ask why you swapped out the mocha seats? I was torn between those and the black. I was also unaware you could get the black with grey accent stitching on the M Sport. That may change my mind too.
Hi there. You can get the entire cold weather package. Just looked again to verify my order. Yup, it has heated front and rear seats, heated steering wheel and retractable headlight washers. By getting the entire cold weather package however you can not get the driver assistance plus package on the M-Sport. Something about the M steering wheel etc. While trying the build it my client adviser was not able to. It wont let you do it. You can get the driver assistance package (which I got as well) just not the PLUS. There are a few things you cant get with M-sport which I find odd and somewhat frustrating.

I changed from mocha leather because after seeing it in person, although I liked it quite a bit, I decided I didn't like it with the Melbourne red. I also thought the black leather with the Melbourne red would give the car a more sportier look. I do need to edit my post because after talking to my client adviser today I found out that the black leather with the gray contrast
stitching and the X on the headrests only comes with the Xline. So my car with the M-Sport will just be black leather and no stitching. Hope this helps. What are you considering?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #338
BMW FINALLY!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Post right above yours...
Sparkling Brown Metallic on Mocha Nevada
Very nice. I look forward to seeing your pics as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 08:11 PM   #339
RaisinCain27
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hi there. You can get the entire cold weather package. Just looked again to verify my order. Yup, it has heated front and rear seats, heated steering wheel and retractable headlight washers. By getting the entire cold weather package however you can not get the driver assistance plus package on the M-Sport. Something about the M steering wheel etc. While trying the build it my client adviser was not able to. It wont let you do it. You can get the driver assistance package (which I got as well) just not the PLUS. There are a few things you cant get with M-sport which I find odd and somewhat frustrating.

I changed from mocha leather because after seeing it in person, although I liked it quite a bit, I decided I didn't like it with the Melbourne red. I also thought the black leather with the Melbourne red would give the car a more sportier look. I do need to edit my post because after talking to my client adviser today I found out that the black leather with the gray contrast
stitching and the X on the headrests only comes with the Xline. So my car with the M-Sport will just be black leather and no stitching. Hope this helps. What are you considering?
I'm pretty much ready to go with an M Sport, Carbon Black, Mocha interior with burl walnut trim. Every package (plus upgraded sound system) except, as you say, drivers assistance plus.

Glad you can get the full cold weather package. I thought it was silly you could in 2014 but not in 2015 with the M Sport. I'll have to make sure my dealer knows that when it is time to order.

Got a great price, about $500 over invoice.

I'm going to look at a 2015 on another dealer's lot on Saturday, and also hope to see some color combos and trims there to finalize my decision on those. Then, hope to place the order next weekend.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 04:16 AM   #340
BMW-X
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i coupe

Finally got my order in, and paid for the vehicle! Now the hard part is to wait. We decided to do Welt delivery on July 4th weekend so I am probably waiting longer then needed to pick it up.

I originally had the M-package, but given I could not get the winter or driver assistance plus packages with it, I chose the Xline.

Make: BMW
Model: X3 xDrive35i
Exterior Color: Mineral White Met
Interior Color: Saddle Brown Nevada LU
Trans: Sport Auto
Conv Top:
Options Include:
2TB Sport Automatic
UMAP US Maps
ZCW Cold Weather Package
ZDA Driver Assistance Package
ZDB Driver Assistance Plus
ZDH Dynamic Handling Package
ZLP Lighting Package
ZPP Premium Package
ZTP Technology Package
ZXD xLine
2E2 19" Y-Spoke Wheels (Style 608) A/S
417_ Rear Manual Window Shades
4FU Fineline Anthracite Trim w/chrome
5DP Parking Assistant
688 Harman Kardon surround sound system
5AT Enhanced Active Cruise Control
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 06:13 AM   #341
BMW FINALLY!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X View Post
Finally got my order in, and paid for the vehicle! Now the hard part is to wait. We decided to do Welt delivery on July 4th weekend so I am probably waiting longer then needed to pick it up.

I originally had the M-package, but given I could not get the winter or driver assistance plus packages with it, I chose the Xline.

Conv Top:
Options Include:
2TB Sport Automatic
UMAP US Maps
ZCW Cold Weather Package
ZLP Lighting Package
ZPP Premium Package
ZTP Technology Package
ZXD xLine
5DP Parking Assistant
So you were told you couldn't get the cold weather package with the M-sport as well? I know about the Driver assistance plus. However, I was able to order my M-sport with the cold weather package. Interesting.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 06:18 AM   #342
BMW FINALLY!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisinCain27 View Post
I'm pretty much ready to go with an M Sport, Carbon Black, Mocha interior with burl walnut trim. Every package (plus upgraded sound system) except, as you say, drivers assistance plus.

Glad you can get the full cold weather package. I thought it was silly you could in 2014 but not in 2015 with the M Sport. I'll have to make sure my dealer knows that when it is time to order.

Got a great price, about $500 over invoice.

I'm going to look at a 2015 on another dealer's lot on Saturday, and also hope to see some color combos and trims there to finalize my decision on those. Then, hope to place the order next weekend.
I dont know why your dealer didn't know you could or couldn't. When I sat at the computer and my client adviser and built my car on their internal website it would tell him this and that package not available on the this model etc etc. It would let you build it, or not. I do suspect that some of this will be fixed on the 2016 models after they fix the glithces Just a guess. The new feature of waving your foot under the rear bumper to open the trunk also doesnt work on the M-sport due to the lower bumper etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 06:36 AM   #343
BMW-X
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW FINALLY!
Quote:

Conv Top:
Options Include:
2TB Sport Automatic
UMAP US Maps
ZCW Cold Weather Package
ZLP Lighting Package
ZPP Premium Package
ZTP Technology Package
ZXD xLine
5DP Parking Assistant
So you were told you couldn't get the cold weather package with the M-sport as well? I know about the Driver assistance plus. However, I was able to order my M-sport with the cold weather package. Interesting.
Yeah, I live in Germany, so the dealer contacted Welt and they verified it cannot be added. Only the heated front seats. The system let him add it but it was later kicked back saying the would not build it with those packages.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 08:51 AM   #344
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
is there a way to find out if the order was submitted without calling dealership?

i also requested not to drill holes in front bumper, can that be done even though NY requires plates front n back?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 10:50 AM   #345
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
is there a way to find out if the order was submitted without calling dealership?

i also requested not to drill holes in front bumper, can that be done even though NY requires plates front n back?
Yes, just tell them not to install the front tag bracket
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 10:53 AM   #346
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 03:47 PM   #347
BMW FINALLY!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I live in Germany, so the dealer contacted Welt and they verified it cannot be added. Only the heated front seats. The system let him add it but it was later kicked back saying the would not build it with those packages.
I need to call my advisor!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 09:45 AM   #348
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
yesterday i received the production number so its on initial stage in order documented
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #349
BMW FINALLY!
United_States
Rep

I just called BMW Customer Relations and gave them a polite talking to! I told them it was quite stupid that I was paying 61,000 dollars for a 2015 X3 M-Sport that is going into production this week and I don't even know what it looks like! I told them that being a high end premium brand, not having the M-Sport package configurator up on the website was quite frustrating. Especially when they are already in production. I even brought up how the X4 was already up and running and it came out after the 2015 X3. Furthermore, that no one seems to know exactly what you can and cant get on the vehicle. I heard one thing and others have heard something else. It seems really odd and bizarre. She said I would be receiving a follow up call today or tomorrow regarding the issue. She seemed puzzled and could not believe it either. Ill let you all know what I hear.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 07:50 PM   #350
riguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 X3 M-Sport 28i

Garage List
Nice! Let us know you make out.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 09:48 PM   #351
RaisinCain27
Private
Rep

Yes please do, I'm ordering mine on Saturday so last minute details based on your conversations would be much appreciated.

Still confused if the cold weather package is or isn't available with the M Sport.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #352
FrozenGas
Private
Rep
Drives: G05

Anyone out there for April Production 2015 X3? There seems to be a HUGE delay for April Production & May delivery...can anyone confirm this? Thanks!
Appreciate 0