BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #45
bartbos1
Rep
Drives: X3

Sorry for the separate question here but I am a new member and cannot create a new thread yet.

I have signed an offer to buy a 2013 X3 xDRIVE28i and was told that the plant had run out of the standard rims and that 18" silver alloy wheels would be included on the car I would get at no additional cost. Now, they tell me that the car I will get does not come with the 18" silver alloy wheels.

I am a BMW newbie, but I think I should be asking for either a price reduction or for some addition but I'm not really sure -- What do you think about this? What should I try to get?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #46
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartbos1 View Post
Sorry for the separate question here but I am a new member and cannot create a new thread yet.

I have signed an offer to buy a 2013 X3 xDRIVE28i and was told that the plant had run out of the standard rims and that 18" silver alloy wheels would be included on the car I would get at no additional cost. Now, they tell me that the car I will get does not come with the 18" silver alloy wheels.

I am a BMW newbie, but I think I should be asking for either a price reduction or for some addition but I'm not really sure -- What do you think about this? What should I try to get?
get a picture of the wheels, hey it might be benefit to you.

my x3 is currently in service shop for sunroof noise which was repair, black molding inside the door on the body had to be replaced, also drivers vent had a noise and it was repair. Also discover a nail on rear runflat, new tire is $286. So according to the shop runflats cannot be repair lol
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #47
bartbos1
Rep
Drives: X3

Thanks unfortunately I can't get a picture.

My question is that I have an offer in with a promise to get 18" silver alloy wheels but that one was old so, now they tell I can only get the standard tires.

Since I am now getting less 'value' at an agreed upon price, I think I should either ask for a price reduction or get something added of equal value.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #48
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartbos1 View Post
Thanks unfortunately I can't get a picture.

My question is that I have an offer in with a promise to get 18" silver alloy wheels but that one was old so, now they tell I can only get the standard tires.

Since I am now getting less 'value' at an agreed upon price, I think I should either ask for a price reduction or get something added of equal value.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?
This question was answered in the other thread you posted the same question after posting here.

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=18

Last edited by ErnestHouse; 12-05-2012 at 09:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #49
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnestHouse View Post
This question was answered in the other thread you hijacked and posted the same question after posting here.

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=18
To be fair to bartbos1, he did apologise for hijacking and forum rules don't allow newbies to create new threads

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #50
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i GT

It does after you make 3 posts and get authorized. Then there's the annoyance of posting multiple times. Pointing the discussion over to one thread is better for the community and I was civil about it IHMO.
Appreciate 0