BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #177
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by daixloxbmw View Post
Yeah I am so selfish that I turned down my parent's money for allowance/college tuition and decided to pay for everything myself since I took my first job at age 14 (except food and shelter). Just because my parents are working class folks, does that mean I cannot buy something nice for myself with money that I earned myself? I guess since I was born into a working class family, I'm not allowed to buy luxury goods for myself.

I have now owned 4 BMWs, about to buy a C7 Corvette and bought a decent house, all by myself. You see, the funny thing about immigrant parents is that they are incredibly proud people and won't accept financial help from their children (both my sister and I have offered). We have offered to have them move into my home rent free or at least help put them in a nicer apartment but they won't have any part of that. They are perfectly content with their old apartment and beat up Toyota Tercel that they worked hard for and have adamantly refused any money from us. That Toyota Tercel that my parents worked so hard for is like a BMW to them, compared to the bicycles they had back in China.

I'll agree (and have specifically said so multiple times before) that buying a BMW at such a young age is not the wisest financial decision but I am still very proud of having done so by myself and I don't believe that I was selfish at all.

LOLz, first I was liar because it was impossible for an 18 year old to buy a BMW without financial aid and now I am selfish because I bought something nice for myself. I wonder what I will be accused of next.

2:10 to 2:14 in case that link doesn't work

Damnit it isn't linking to 2:10. You'll have to do that manually.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #178
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post

2:10 to 2:14 in case that link doesn't work

Damnit it isn't linking to 2:10. You'll have to do that manually.

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 06:11 PM   #179
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Arn't you the lying selfish anorexic high school chick that's debating about going to prom or not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
The math doesn't make any sense, you're not looking at buying a house and a C7 when you're in high school, thinking about a prom. You're really not. It really is interesting, I've always found that in life those who have it, never reveal how they did it, nor do they brag. Those who don't, are constantly on the defensive trying to somehow justify.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Hey John -
Lots of truth here. I have to say I agree 100%. I've also found that people who really are alright and have what they need have no desire to explain it to others (no need to prove anything to anyone) nor is there need to seek acceptance from peers by reciting a story that reeks of bradadocious hyperbole. When kids do it it can be amusing when adults do it, it is just sad. If you've been around a while as you and I have, you can see right through it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
No one really cares, and you're falling for the trolls every time.
Nope, nope and nope, I think you first three have me confused for the OP, anorexichippo7. My first BMW was bought at age 18 by myself, like the OP originally claimed. I was only saying that it is possible to buy a BMW by yourself at a young age without the financial help of "rich parents", when I was called out for BS'ing by several people. Since then, I've only tried to explain that it was very possible despite others insisting it wasn't. I am not trying to brag at all, only defending myself for accusations of being a BS'er, troll and now selfish/entitled/spoiled kid. I don't expect any of you to care or be impressed by accomplishments as I am sure many of you are way more successful but I have a right to defend myself when falsely accused.

EDIT, if I was a 18 year old high school chick, that would mean that I joined this forum at age 11.

Last edited by daixloxbmw; 05-05-2014 at 06:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 06:58 PM   #180
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Still going at it, huh...
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 07:24 PM   #181
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
Still going at it, huh...
So I shouldn't defend myself against false accusations, which in this case is confusing me for a high school chick with first world prom problems?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 07:44 PM   #182
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Why do you care so much what strangers on the internet that you will probably never meet think?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 07:53 PM   #183
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Why do you care so much what strangers on the internet that you will probably never meet think?
You and NemesisX are right. I shouldn't care but it's a lot easier for you to say that since you're not the one being accused of being everything from being a liar, selfish, troll and high school chick. Anyway, I am done here. Now I remember why I stopped posting on this forum.

In before the "don't let the door hit you on the way out" responses.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 06:44 AM   #184
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
You and NemesisX are right. I shouldn't care but it's a lot easier for you to say that since you're not the one being accused of being everything from being a liar, selfish, troll and high school chick. Anyway, I am done here. Now I remember why I stopped posting on this forum.

Cheers!
I think the crisis could have severely been averted had you made better choices on what you chose to speak about. You basically put yourself in your own predicament.

In all honesty, it's a lot easier to not care what strangers think, regardless of what you are being accused of. All you have to do is....., well...., not care to begin with.

Anywho...., did anybody else enjoy prom this year? Did anyone else buy a new BMW at the ripe age of 15 other than myself?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 07:56 AM   #185
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:

Cheers!
I told you like 10 posts ago to let the trolls have their little victory. You obviously let it get to you...
      05-06-2014, 08:37 AM   #186
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

I founded google at 16. I was a silent founder. I don't tell anyone about it because I am too proud. Keep your head up daix. Keep telling them internet fools your internet life stories!
      05-06-2014, 07:05 PM   #187
anorexichippo7
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 320i

Um wtf happened to this thread...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #188
BimmerPod
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, f85 x5m