BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
Jonsaved
England
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

X3 F25 very hot centre console

I noticed the centre console just in front of the armrest was very hot. I opened the armrest and the front of the compartment was also very hot ... OK if you want to cook your iPod.

I noticed the rear heater vents rear on full heat and turned them to cold and the console cooled down.

I understand that the rear heater vents go through the centre console but should they be cooking the console to that degree? Has anyone else seen the problem or could test the scenario?

My first thought was that the vent tubes to the rear were not connected properly and pumping hot air into the centre console.

Its a January 2013 X3 2.0d SE

Could anyone check by turning the heater vents to the rear seats and check the centre console temperature

Last edited by Jonsaved; 01-06-2014 at 09:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
DonC
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 3.5i M sport, etc

Noticed my console getting warm and thought that the rear controls might be turned all the way hot. I need to look at where they are set.
2018 i3S
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 06:58 AM   #3
Jonsaved
England
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

I checked the parts breakdown on REALOEM and sure enough the heater ducts for the rear pass under the centre console and are not insulated. So if heat is on in the rear passenger area, the centre console will get hot and the storage area under the armrest will also be hot. On the other hand it will be cool if the aircon is on to the rear. OK for hot countries to store your coke cans but not often required in Scotland.
Appreciate 0