BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-25-2018, 12:10 PM   #1
m3bs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 95 S54 M3, X5, GT4, GR Corolla

Intermittent AC operation

Sometimes the AC won’t cool after starting the car. If I turn the AC off by dialing the fan speed all the way down, then back on it cools just fine, so I don’t think it is charge related. Doesn’t seem to matter if on hot or cold start. It started doing it about once per month, but the frequency is increasing. Did it twice today.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 11:41 AM   #2
marc x
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 stock

Folks try and remember to add information about the vehicle at hand.
Which Year, make, and model; mileage,, recent repairs or none, recent upgrades???

You sould consider finding the ITSA programs that are used by the dealerships. I have used the programs to scan my car's computer and I see that on four different occurrences, my BMW intentionally 'deactivated air conditioning,' my computer notes it was deactivated because to cool the car's engine and ensure power for accelerating.
Scan the car. It could just be a weak battery.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 01:54 PM   #3
m3bs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 95 S54 M3, X5, GT4, GR Corolla

Thought it was in my signature, but it’s not.

2012 X3 35i, 57K miles. Bone stock, including the 2012 battery, so that’s a possibility.

I’ll try scanning it, but I’m leaning more towards trading it when I look at all of the stuff that needs to be done around 60K. Trans, diff, transfer case fluids, plugs, water pump, coolant, battery, etc. I’m looking at about $1800 in parts to do it all myself. And doing all of that is no guarantee against failure. Anybody want a low mile X3?
Appreciate 0