BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-12-2020, 10:11 AM   #1
S4NoMore
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 340i, 15 X3d, 91 318i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3 28d  [0.00]
1991 BMW 318i  [8.66]
My wife and I are entering parent mode soon, and while we do have the full coverage seat protectors (Diono ultra mats) to protect the seat bottom and back from the seat base itself, I notice that on the F25 the lower LATCH anchors are nicely hidden between the leather of the back and bottom. In my e90 there's the access door. The downside in the X3 seems to be that the leather around the anchor points gets deformed when hooking in the seat (we have the uppababy seat which has buckle-like connectors).

I already know I'm crazy but does anyone have experience with this issue, anything we should do to minimize deformation/damage at these points? I shoved the protector as best I could in between the buckle and the seat, it's not in place for the photo. Is it just a case of "it is what it is."
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 12:31 PM   #2
94vtirozguy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 F25 (N20)

i bought a decent yoga mat and cut around / cut holes in it for all necessities to protect the leather from the baby seat and what you are describing. It also protects from all those food and milk spills that are coming your way too. If you get a long and wide enough one, you can anchor it down with the headrest and protect the food / milk run off on the front of the seat as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 02:24 PM   #3
JayM40i
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW x7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4NoMore View Post
My wife and I are entering parent mode soon, and while we do have the full coverage seat protectors (Diono ultra mats) to protect the seat bottom and back from the seat base itself, I notice that on the F25 the lower LATCH anchors are nicely hidden between the leather of the back and bottom. In my e90 there's the access door. The downside in the X3 seems to be that the leather around the anchor points gets deformed when hooking in the seat (we have the uppababy seat which has buckle-like connectors).

I already know I'm crazy but does anyone have experience with this issue, anything we should do to minimize deformation/damage at these points? I shoved the protector as best I could in between the buckle and the seat, it's not in place for the photo. Is it just a case of "it is what it is."
Not sure what type of car seat you have but use the seatbelt to fasten it in. I read that it's safer and it's super easy.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2020, 03:20 PM   #4
najnad
General of the Space Forces
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 X3 35i M-sport

Garage List
Use the latch system, it is far superior to using a seatbelt on the carseat. Any minor deformation or rubbing of the seat leather wont effect the value significantly and your child's safety is more important. It is what it is
Appreciate 1
dtox9336.00