BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-27-2020, 09:01 PM   #1
HPR
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 35i M Sport

Access To Front Proximity Sensors

As I left a parking lot this afternoon the passenger side front parking assist proximity sensor started going crazy. Didn't understand why so I stopped and got out to take a look. Apparently someone had backed into my car, scuffed up the bumper cover and dislodged the proximity sensor. It sounds off regularly since it's now looking at the inside of the bumper. Does anyone know if I can access the back of the bumper cover and get to the sensor by dropping the front under body tray?
      11-28-2020, 01:00 PM   #2
6MT_Addict
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 135i M Sport 6MT, 15 X3 35i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPR View Post
As I left a parking lot this afternoon the passenger side front parking assist proximity sensor started going crazy. Didn't understand why so I stopped and got out to take a look. Apparently someone had backed into my car, scuffed up the bumper cover and dislodged the proximity sensor. It sounds off regularly since it's now looking at the inside of the bumper. Does anyone know if I can access the back of the bumper cover and get to the sensor by dropping the front under body tray?
Easiest way is to remove the bumper.

Drop the under tray, remove the bolts in the wheel liner (liner comes out) and remove the bolts on the left/right and top of the kidney grilles. Might be some below the headlights, mine had to come off to pull the bumper.

It sounds like a lot but it's not bad, way easier than trying to fish around. Plus the sensor could be damaged.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0