BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-30-2020, 09:52 PM   #1
ritchie.edj@gmail.com
Ewen
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3013 F25 3.0l twin turb

X3 electric faults

I have a BMW X3 2013 F25 3.0l diesel. Love the car but my love is wearing thin.

I had a tow bar and electrics fitted in 4/20 and since then have had a series of electrical faults. Started with left indicator which came from poor wiring fitting. Fixed that problem went away.

The most serious is a current warning that I have a chassis issue. Its going back to the BMW dealer next week. Trying to ascertain whether the faults are just bad luck or related to the faulty tow bar wiring through eg a power surge.

Just replaced the xenon control module right headlight. Replaced the rear tail light.

The chassis warning im told is the VDC Module Dynamic Suspension control above the rear right wheel. This is a very expensive part so trying to buy a new one outside of BMW.

Would appreciate 1/ a supplier of this module and 2/ any thoughts about the possibility these events over 6 months could be related. Any advice appreciated.
Appreciate 0