BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-29-2013, 12:27 AM   #1
335iRobot
Pshhhhhh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Cpe

My 2014 BMW X3 Service History

I thought I would create a thread to keep track of miscellaneous things that come up with my X3 so that if any others have similar issues, maybe they can search and find out a solution or know they weren't the only one to experience the issue.

5/29/2013 - into Service Dept. for iDrive system not storing radio presets as well as other misc. settings not being saved.

More Info: Everytime I or the wife enter the car, our individual presets on our key profiles are not being saved for future use. Also, settings such as Eco/Comfort/Sport are not being saved (not sure if its supposed to be will bring it up with service tomorrow morning and update thread accordingly).

Service Performed: It's believed the iDrive system is not saving the satellite presets because the Sirius account wasn't registered by the sales person for our vehicle. Since we have a 6 month account and the 1 year free trial, we've been instructed to call Sirius to manage the account and add our new X3 to the account. Doing so should allow presets to be saved as expected. All other presets are working as satellite was the only issue in this regard.

I was informed that Eco/Comfort/Sport driving modes are not saved from the last time you were driving and need to be set each time you enter the vehicle.

FIX: Having finally called Sirius, our account is setup, and our presets in the vehicle are being saved correctly.

Last edited by 335iRobot; 06-05-2013 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
335iRobot
Pshhhhhh
United_States
Rep

Received vehicle back and updated first post.
      06-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
335iRobot
Pshhhhhh
United_States
Rep

Fixed issue, fix in first post.