BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
motosan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 ZCP M3

Exclamation For those who are not happy with X3 side mirror's auto dimming, please be vocal!

Dear all:
I have contacted BMW Customer Relations North America at 1-800-831-1117 regarding auto dimming feature working but not in practical situation. I have filed a formal complaint hoping their Corporate team would take a second look at it. If you are not happy with X3's side mirror auto dimming feature, please have your voice heard by calling Customer Relations. Only if we stand together BMW Corporate will notice the existence of this issue. Please refer to below link for more info:

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...light=auto+dim

I actually went to the dealership to check out side mirror's auto dim, and what the technician(s) did was to compare with another X3 and because auto dimming worked in both cars in identical ways, hence no issue was concluded. It made me realize that, if that's the level of quality assurance BMW dealership is asking their technicians to do, we will never get the auto dimm issue resolved, and we would be wasting money paid for this feature and move on to the next car few years from now. But I don't feel right about this at all!

Maybe calling BMW Customer Relations does not get me anywhere, but at least I did my part to have my voice heard. And I believe, when a person is helpless, a group of persons can be invincible!

Thank you!

Moto
Appreciate 0