BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-02-2011, 04:04 AM   #1
VikingOne
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e 2018

Sat Nav Pro Question

Does anyone know how to get any multimedia source to mute whilst Navigation announcements are made.
I find it annoying, the if you are using Navigation, then you cant really listen to any other audio. The Navigation announcements just play alongside any audio you are listening to, and it they seem to be quieter than audio source.

I would like the audio to pause(if MP3,CD)/mute(if Radio) whilst directional announcements made, and then un-pause/un-mute once the announcement is finished.

Tomtom which was interfaced into my last car did just that, announcements were always given preference over any audio source that was playing at the time.

Anyone know if this is possible? Or is this just one of those things that I have to put up with....Thankfully not many.
Thanks in advanced.

Previous: 2011 X3 2.0d xLine
Previous: 2015 X3 LCI 3.0d xLine
Current: 2018 530e 2L M-Sport I-Performance
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 04:21 AM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

You can change the volume of the nav woman by changing the volume when she is speaking. The volume you leave her on is then louder/quieter next times she speaks. Her setting is independent of the multimedia. Sounds like she's too quiet in your case

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 04:25 AM   #3
VikingOne
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
You can change the volume of the nav woman by changing the volume when she is speaking. The volume you leave her on is then louder/quieter next times she speaks. Her setting is independent of the multimedia. Sounds like she's too quiet in your case
Cheers sfax, I'll give her a boost. No way to mute the other source?

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 04:41 AM   #4
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingOne View Post
Cheers sfax, I'll give her a boost. No way to mute the other source?
I've never noticed the other source drowning the nav voice but maybe I don't generally have the volume up loud enough - I also mute the woman usually and rely on the dash arrows. Perhaps a louder nav woman reduces the other volume whereas a quieter voice doesn't? - I'm pretty sure my other source volume goes down (not completely mutes) when she speaks...

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 04:59 AM   #5
VikingOne
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
I've never noticed the other source drowning the nav voice but maybe I don't generally have the volume up loud enough - I also mute the woman usually and rely on the dash arrows. Perhaps a louder nav woman reduces the other volume whereas a quieter voice doesn't? - I'm pretty sure my other source volume goes down (not completely mutes) when she speaks...
Perfect thanks, I'll adjust the Nav volume up a bit.

Appreciate 0