BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-04-2018, 03:13 AM   #419
nrf12
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0 petrol (G01)

Surprised to get a call from my dealer yesterday. Order placed 2.0 petrol on 31st March 2018, was told to expect delivery in December because of the petrol model delays, but seems the car is in production now and expected to be ready to deliver to me end of August.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 08:33 AM   #420
Ant46
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack

Considering ordering an M40i, have been advised anywhere between 16-20 weeks for delivery. Does this sound right? Assuming not taking an existing build slot.

I am also interested in seeing what sort of deals are out there, especially since the price change. It doesn't look like there are any contributions either from BMW or dealerships at the moment on the X3.

Does anybody else know anymore?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 09:05 AM   #421
MarkyM
Major
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant46 View Post
Considering ordering an M40i, have been advised anywhere between 16-20 weeks for delivery. Does this sound right? Assuming not taking an existing build slot.

I am also interested in seeing what sort of deals are out there, especially since the price change. It doesn't look like there are any contributions either from BMW or dealerships at the moment on the X3.

16 weeks sounds about right, 6 of those weeks are shipping from Spartanburg although it can certainly arrive quicker than that (mine took 4 weeks after shipping), I think allocation of the M40i in UK is pretty low so if you go with a dealer who is awaiting allocation that can add to it but if you find one with a customisable build spot available all the better

Check out ukcarbroker or Carwow for discounts as a guide, it's probably too new and sort after for BMW to incentivise yet although I am surprised at the level of discounts

Good luck with your order, it is certainly worth the wait
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 10:33 AM   #422
Ant46
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack

Great thanks for the pointers, haven't heard of UKCarBroker before - have you used them? DTD also seem to be offering better discounts than Carwow at the moment.

Just need to finalise spec and colour (probably the hardest choice! Wish they did individual colours like the M3).
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 11:25 AM   #423
MarkyM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Great thanks for the pointers, haven't heard of UKCarBroker before - have you used them? DTD also seem to be offering better discounts than Carwow at the moment.

Just need to finalise spec and colour (probably the hardest choice! Wish they did individual colours like the M3).
I have, discount is great and money handled by dealer, dealer was quite sparse about giving out updates which I suppose is due to not much margin in it so bare that in mind if you like a dealer to give regular updates, it was all delivered as promised

Never used DTD, had quotes from Carwow for a Petrol XC60 last year which was very good but that was a little disappointing on test drive and before I knew about the M40i
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 03:11 AM   #424
UK_
Captain
Rep
Drives: 911

Quote:

I ordered end of April and car not due until Mid September. Initially they struggled to get a UK build slot with BMW and it seems there really is limited
supply.

I don’t think the actual price of car / options has changed (I might be wrong) but the reconfiguring of the technical spec. I got around 12% off but it was hard work and based on my dealer relationship. I think this might be true as I visited a few local dealers this time and even if I said I’d sign today I was getting 5% max. This might have changed now as discounts will no doubt improve as time progresses but for some reason the M40i in the UK seems to be set to be a rare car.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 05:16 AM   #425
erurainon
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3

We placed our 20i order back in January and after an initial delivery date of April that very quickly slipped the car was built in early June and we were finally due to collect the car on Saturday.

Were, is the key word here as just had a call to say they have placed a hold on the car with no explanation as to the reason why to the dealer, or how long it could take.

It looks like the wait continues......
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 10:01 AM   #426
Langs_in_london
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i (On order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrao56 View Post
Exactly! Sounds like being revved up at start, especially noticeable as I leave at 6.45am
But settles to a “normal” note quickly.
Hi, my better half had same problem leaving early. She just lightly touches the accelerator now after start up and it completely muffles the gruff note.......Fuck knows why she wants to do that though huh!!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 10:27 AM   #427
Rbrown
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:

Have you tried Tony Lewis (aka TRL) and BMW Heathrow - he got me the best deal at the time.

PM me if you need his email address. Really good guy to deal with. and he delivered to Scotland for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 01:26 PM   #428
RichM50d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘22 8 Series Gran Coupe

If I was prepared to wait until March/ April 2019 for an M40i, DTD managed £7k off, but as nice as the car is, I wasn’t prepared to wait 9 months for delivery!
Appreciate 0