BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-24-2012, 05:43 AM   #1
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

X3 F25 - Individual colors possible?

Do anyone know if it is possible to get an F25 X3 with individual stuff esp. colors and leather?

I couldnīt find any info at the net ... but I know, that its possible to get the X5 with individual colors and the right white X3 (in the background!) in this thread looks like its color was brilliant white ... an color not in the official order list.

Thanks and greets

Uli_HH
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 05:55 AM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli_HH View Post
Do anyone know if it is possible to get an F25 X3 with individual stuff esp. colors and leather?

I couldnīt find any info at the net ... but I know, that its possible to get the X5 with individual colors and the right white X3 (in the background!) in this thread looks like its color was brilliant white ... an color not in the official order list.

Thanks and greets

Uli_HH
No you can't as far as I'm aware. I think they would have to have made special provision at the paintshop and they haven't done this so they only allow the standard list of colours

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 07:24 AM   #3
faztaz
08 X3 6spd
Rep
Drives: 13 X3 35i MSport

Uli I tried and even called BMW NA but there are no special interior/exterior color options for the F25 platform. When my car arrives I think I will wrap it with a vinyl to achieve a "custom" color look.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
ThinkingDog
woof
Rep
Drives: 4 of 'em

It is possible. At a steep price. If you have a decent relationship with your dealership, talk to the sales manager there.

I lamented at the limited color choices when ordering my x3...and was offered the opportunity to order Bronze Platinum that I have on our 328 xdrive sportwagon. When I was told how much..."ummm, I think Space Gray is fine."
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
denrusso
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingDog View Post
It is possible. At a steep price. When I was told how much..."ummm, I think Space Gray is fine."

Well - what did they quote you??

Thanks,
dr
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
ThinkingDog
woof
Rep
Drives: 4 of 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by denrusso View Post
Well - what did they quote you??

Thanks,
dr
4K.

Mind you, I hesitate to call this a "quote" because it never went past the "wow" stage. He said it was possible and mentioned what it cost in the previous two times they did it.

They had ordered an M3 and a 7 series in the past year with non-model colors.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #7
denrusso
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingDog View Post
4K.

I would think that since the bodies are painted in the same 'shop' you could get whatever is available to an X5 or X6.

Of course, I may be wrong!

Thanks,
dr
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #8
mcorliss
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 M-Sport (Loaded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli_HH View Post

Thanks and greets

Uli_HH
You definitely can as there is a bright yellow one driving around the metro west Boston suburbs. I have also seen a signal green M-B GLK driving around the same area, perhaps same family.
Appreciate 0