BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-08-2015, 01:40 PM   #23
Howie Dub
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 35i

Hey everyone...another Racechip update. I'm currently on the "1" setting now. Stayed on "0" for a while as it was very smooth after about a tank. "1" has felt a bit rougher from the start, but it feels like it's starting to smooth out. I'll be giving it at least a tank to see if it will smooth out even more. Good acceleration in Comfort and very peppy in Sport+. I've given up on using Torque Pro and DashCommand for HP and torque. Until I get it on an actual dyno, my butt dyno will have to do.

Found being on the Comfort setting with the shifter in D/S mode to be the best combination, although I do like the response in Sport+. One thing I notice in Sport+ is that if I accelerate really quickly and get to my cruising speed before hitting 6000 RPMs(typically 40-45 mph around town), the transmission will hold the gear until RPMs drop to 3500. Only then will it shift up a gear. I know it's supposed to do that, but it seems to hold the gear a lot longer than I would think is necessary. Has anyone else noticed that?
Appreciate 2
      09-08-2015, 02:13 PM   #24
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

If you ever get a chance to make some runs at a local certified drag strip out there if you post your slips I'll prepare some graphs for you vs the simulation's 35i curves. Rob has done a nice job documenting his stock vs tuned 28i runs at Island, and it would be interesting to see your data. From what I understand, though, it seems many of LA's local strips are closing down so that may not be an option.
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2015, 02:42 PM   #25
Howie Dub
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
If you ever get a chance to make some runs at a local certified drag strip out there if you post your slips I'll prepare some graphs for you vs the simulation's 35i curves. Rob has done a nice job documenting his stock vs tuned 28i runs at Island, and it would be interesting to see your data. From what I understand, though, it seems many of LA's local strips are closing down so that may not be an option.
Thanks Max Well. Yeah, I heard they'll be closing Irwindale soon, which is the closest one to me. Looks like they only have racing on Thursdays and in the middle of heavy traffic. It would take me 1 1/2 hours just to get there. The other two racetracks are in really hot areas around LA and much farther. If I do make it out, I will get you the slips. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 11:07 PM   #26
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Howie Dub be careful running such high setting on 91 octane
Are you monitoring your boost psi ?

Set up a group of SoCal bmw guys and head down there together, that what we do here its also about 1hr 1/2 to get to our local drag strip

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 1
      09-09-2015, 04:32 AM   #27
Howie Dub
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC View Post
Howie Dub be careful running such high setting on 91 octane
Are you monitoring your boost psi ?

Set up a group of SoCal bmw guys and head down there together, that what we do here its also about 1hr 1/2 to get to our local drag strip
How bad is it to run that high a setting on 91? Is there anything I should look out for?

Boost psi is the BST/VAC on DashCommand right? I started to monitor it on "F", but thought it was off b/c the max boost I'd see would be in the 6psi range. I figured I should be getting over 7psi since I read that max stock boost was 7-10. I just did a quick run and I got about 8.5psi while flooring it on an onramp in Sport+ and D/S. Hit about 6psi accelerating up to about 45mph.

Maybe once things die down with work, I'll see if I can get a group together. Will have to see how many people want to drive 1 1/2 hours in stop and go traffic Without traffic, it's less than 40 minutes.
Appreciate 0