BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-12-2015, 02:52 PM   #1
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

OEM replacement front fender?

Does anyone know if OEM fenders are shipped primer black from BMW?

We had a dingbat lady slam into the front of our '13 msport that caused $13K damage.

The repair shop was a certified BMW repair shop and replaced all the parts with OEM... fender, bumper cover, headlight, foglight, front wheel, front upper and lower control arms etc.

Anyway, when I open the hood I can clearly see the replacement fender is black whereas the original undamaged fender on the other side is white (AW car).

Should I insist on the panel being painted white on the inside? It's the only evidence the car had been hit. I am also looking into diminished value but I expect the Insurance industry in Ontario Canada has already hosed the consumer by lobbying the government.
Attached Images

Last edited by lbjgh; 09-12-2015 at 02:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2015, 03:51 PM   #2
aaccon
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 G21 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
Does anyone know if OEM fenders are shipped primer black from BMW?
Hi

Not sure what colour the OEM panels are shipped as, but I would expect the repair shop to have painted the fender the same colour (inside). I would have the repair shop paint the fender, leaving it black will affect resale value.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2015, 04:05 PM   #3
Mingstar88
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i

carproof will show the repair cost so that's another evidence that buyer can easily obtain. i would kindly ask the body shop why they didnt paint inside white and see what they can do to compensate. i would generally not recommend body shop to re-do their work since they might mess it up even more.
Appreciate 0