BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-06-2014, 09:16 PM   #1
rmeir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x3

marcel penetrators or brightest headlights

years ago there was a driving light called marcel penetrators and they were so bright they could literally melt the paint off a car. You had to install various relays etc or they would mess up yr fuse box.
I have searched around and cant find them, Im thinking they are out of business. So what would be the brightest headlights/driving lights out there? that would really light up the road you know when yr snaking home from the bar at 2am at about well you know fast.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 10:53 PM   #2
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

Adding auxiliary lamps can be problematic as most aren't autoleveling. Do you have HID headlights now? Not sure which models have them as standard or optional. Those generally are much better than the stock lamps.

Check out www.hellausa.com . They have a visualizer that shows the light pattern and throw from a bunch of their add-on lights in various bulb types, including HID, LED, and halogen.

Adding higher wattage bulbs to your existing headlights may work, but higher wattage means more heat, and that can be a problem, too - you don't want to melt things.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 12:10 PM   #3
Llarry
///M driver
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6-speed

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeir View Post
years ago there was a driving light called marcel penetrators and they were so bright they could literally melt the paint off a car.
Hitting the way-back button here... I never fitted aftermarket auxiliary lights, but did have some Cibie replacement headlights back in the era of DOT-approved sealed-beam lights. I believe the brand you're thinking of is Marchal.
Appreciate 0