BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
thefreeze
Hans
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 2.0D

Forgot to add 6NL

Picked up my new X3 this afternoon. It looks great and drives even better! Will post picks and my experiences with the car ASAP!

One question though.

I have ordered the professional audio system (with the surround system) and also a snap in adapter for my iPhone. During the demonstration of the car I discovered that I cannot control the iPhone from the audio system other than on track forward or backward. I thought I could also access playlists etc.
Now I'm kind of disappointed. I did not buy the most expensive audio system with an iPhone snap in adapter to only move one song forward and backwards.

Should I have also ordered option 6NL? Is this also available for retrofit?
X3 20D auto High Executive. Moonroof, privacy glass, sport seats, professional audio & sat nav, 19" 309 wheels summer, 18" 307 winter, X-Line, Xenon, parking heater. Mineral Silver / Oyster leather interior, wave trim. V70 2.5T (private)
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreeze View Post
Picked up my new X3 this afternoon. It looks great and drives even better! Will post picks and my experiences with the car ASAP!

One question though.

I have ordered the professional audio system (with the surround system) and also a snap in adapter for my iPhone. During the demonstration of the car I discovered that I cannot control the iPhone from the audio system other than on track forward or backward. I thought I could also access playlists etc.
Now I'm kind of disappointed. I did not buy the most expensive audio system with an iPhone snap in adapter to only move one song forward and backwards.

Should I have also ordered option 6NL? Is this also available for retrofit?
Congratulations thefreeze!! I know you've had a huge wait.

I think you mean you 6NF Telephone USB Audio Interface. Effectively gives you the same functionality in the cradle as you get when you connect using the white USB cable. What you have at the moment in the cradle is just Bluetooth audio interface (would be the same if the iPhone was in your pocket)

Not heard of a retrofit but could involve wiring the armrest to the CIC so may not be easy

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Congrats, Enjoy
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
ppduck
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

congratulation, and sure you will enjoy it more and more when you drive more often.....
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 12:13 AM   #5
thefreeze
Hans
Netherlands
Rep

Thanks, woke up very early this morning! Looking forward to some customer visits today (or better: the drives in between them :-) )
X3 20D auto High Executive. Moonroof, privacy glass, sport seats, professional audio & sat nav, 19" 309 wheels summer, 18" 307 winter, X-Line, Xenon, parking heater. Mineral Silver / Oyster leather interior, wave trim. V70 2.5T (private)
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 01:49 AM   #6
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

I think you might already have 6FL, and what you really need is 6NR.

Retrofit for BMW Apps here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=548623
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 05:09 AM   #7
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Depends how much functionality you need but you can definitely improve on "only move one song forward and backwards" without 6NR just by plugging the iPhone in using the USB cable. If that's all the functionality you need, then you only need 6NF to have this when the iPhone is in the cradle (6NF is also a prerequisite for 6NR). Also, if it's an iPhone 3GS or above and you install iOS 5 you get more information over BT.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 01:41 AM   #8
thefreeze
Hans
Netherlands
Rep

I filed a complaint at the garage stating that if I order a car with an iPhone adapter and the top range radio I expect that I can fully control the phone/ipod from the multi media system.

A) this is something that I expect to be a standard accessory, but coming from driving a few Volvo's in a row I should have lowered my expectations
B) the dealer should have pointed this accessory out to me when I was configuring the car.
So I blame them.

Moving into solution mode: The garage still owes me 500 euros in BMW accessories (by giving BMW accessories they actually give less because there's also "some" margin on them) so I offered them the opportunity to give me a 64gb iPod that I can connect to the USB port to get even. I think thats a good deal for them.
Appreciate 0