BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-27-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
clarka@csolve.net
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 with M Sport

Smile Canadian X3 M sport questions...

We are ordering our new X3 M sport tomorrow. Although the bmw.ca website allows you to choose satin alloy rails instead of the glossy black, the dealer says that you can only get the black with the M sport package. Is this true?

We will order the oyster nevada leather interior. Will the carpeting be black? We want to order floor mats from weathertech.

Any reviews and/or pricing info for the bmw cargo liner with the collapsible box and sill protector?

Any recommendations for licence plate protectors?

This will be our first BMW and we are very excited! Thanks in advance for your advice!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarka@csolve.net View Post
We are ordering our new X3 M sport tomorrow. Although the bmw.ca website allows you to choose satin alloy rails instead of the glossy black, the dealer says that you can only get the black with the M sport package. Is this true?

We will order the oyster nevada leather interior. Will the carpeting be black? We want to order floor mats from weathertech.

Any reviews and/or pricing info for the bmw cargo liner with the collapsible box and sill protector?

Any recommendations for licence plate protectors?

This will be our first BMW and we are very excited! Thanks in advance for your advice!
Don't know the answer to the first question, but someone here will.

Yes, the carpeting will be black with the Oyster Nevada leather
Several people on the forum have the BMW cargo liner with the collapsible box and really like it. I have it on order.

Congrats on your first BMW! I'm sure you will it!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

AFAIK, the MSport in Canada comes with black roof rails. My MSport has black. And there was not an option of silver, not that I wanted it.

The carpeting will be black (as will the roof liner be anthracite).

The Storage Pkg includes a lot more than you mentioned, ie. netting behind the two front seats, net in passenger footwell, two collapsible storage boxes, etc. It's a good deal.

Licence plate "protectors"? Not sure I understand....if you mean some plastic thing to cover the plates, I wouldn't bother.
      06-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
colton_matthias
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 M Sport

The roof rails CAN be ordered with silver... I have Carbon Black M Sport with satin aluminum roof rails...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep

OK, news to me, I wanted black anyway so didn't even ask about silver.
      06-28-2011, 05:13 AM   #6
clarka@csolve.net
Private
Canada
Rep

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by colton_matthias View Post
The roof rails CAN be ordered with silver... I have Carbon Black M Sport with satin aluminum roof rails...
Colton your carbon black m sport looks gorgeous! Thanks for your reply; I prefer the aluminum rails. Was your X3 made before April/11? I understand that some of the M sport options have changed since then? If not, which dealership did you buy from...maybe I can have my guy call them about ordering the satin rails.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 09:17 AM   #7
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: EBII 435i xDrive

You can definitely get both as my TiAg X3 M-Sport does have satin rails. Blends in perfectly with my silver car.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
clarka@csolve.net
Private
Canada
Rep

Thumbs up

Thanks everyone for your input. We ordered our vermillion red X3 35i today with the M sport, premium, executive, and technology packages and oyster Nevada leather. The dealer was able to get the satin aluminum rails.

We also ordered the BMW cargo liner with collapsable box for $140 and black Weathertech front and rear floor mats direct from the manufacturer for $220.

We should get it in a out 5 weeks; it will be a long wait! Does anyone know how to access the production video of your car being built? Our dealer knew nothing about it. Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #9
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: EBII 435i xDrive

Congratulations. It's a great vehicle. Unfortunately, No production video for Canadians unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #10
clarka@csolve.net
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmtoes View Post
Congratulations. It's a great vehicle. Unfortunately, No production video for Canadians unfortunately.
Maybe a nice American can lend me theirs so I can pretend I'm watching mine be built?! Do they think we don't have computer access in our Canadian igloos?!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #11
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your input. We ordered our vermillion red X3 35i today with the M sport, premium, executive, and technology packages and oyster Nevada leather. The dealer was able to get the satin aluminum rails.

We also ordered the BMW cargo liner with collapsable box for $140 and black Weathertech front and rear floor mats direct from the manufacturer for $220.

We should get it in a out 5 weeks; it will be a long wait! Does anyone know how to access the production video of your car being built? Our dealer knew nothing about it. Thanks again!
Congrats on the order, and great color. Like mine: Except mine is black leather.
Attached Images

06-28-2011, 05:19 PM   #12
colton_matthias
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 M Sport

Quote:
Colton your carbon black m sport looks gorgeous! Thanks for your reply; I prefer the aluminum rails. Was your X3 made before April/11? I understand that some of the M sport options have changed since then? If not, which dealership did you buy from...maybe I can have my guy call them about ordering the satin rails.
HEY!!! sorry for the late reply... I didn't have a chance to go on the forum.... but if you are still curious... i ordered it on March 30, 2011 and received it on May 28, 2011. I ordered it from Parkview BMW. I am not aware that the items within the M Sport options have changed though....

I am curious to know why your dealer didn't know offhand that the M Sport can be ordered with the satin aluminum roof rails. As it clearly states within the info and spec sheets regarding the packages in which my CA gave me that M Sports can be opted out of the high gloss rails and have the stain aluminum roof rails instead with a specific code (don't remember it out of the top of my head).
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 05:47 PM   #13
Mingstar88
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i

regarding the silver roof, my dealer just straight up told me it only come with black gloss one, I didn't question further and was more focused on getting discount etc. I think black gloss looks great on carbon black anyways.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 06:55 PM   #14
clarka@csolve.net
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
Congrats on the order, and great color. Like mine: Except mine is black leather.
Thanks for the picture tucco44...it looks great in the red!

Colton, we were told that we will get our vehicle in 5 weeks. I hope we don't have to wait 8 like you did! We have sold our 2009 Nissan Murano and are down to one vehicle for now!!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #15
clarka@csolve.net
Private
Canada
Rep

This is the "other half" of the marriage. I was given permission to order the vehicle today without proper supervision and managed to stay out of trouble.

As for the roof rail, on the X3 dealer order instruction page, Colton is correct. The default of the M Sport is the gloss black but it clearly gives the code for the satin aluminum. It is the same with the interior trim colour. The default if you don't ask is the silver but you can choose from the wood selections using the codes. Thanks for everyone's response. Hopefully one day my wife will allow me to drive this fine automobile!
Appreciate 0