BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: What Exterior Color for X3 35i M-Sport Package
Alpine White 36 43.37%
Carbon Black 47 56.63%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

05-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #45
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Zebra color would do the trick!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 04:56 AM   #46
CRW
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3 30d MSport Carbon Black

I ordered a carbon black 30d M Sport early in April and it should finally arrive sometime mid December.

I didn't even consider AW, not sure why, my wife suggested it's a bit feminine and I'm not one to diasagree with her.

I've never owned a white car and I do admit that based on the great pics posted here that the X3 looks nice in that colour. I was torn between silver or the CB/DB options and opted for carbon black simply because it is unique to the M Sport after all. As for cleaning, I've had a few black cars and its never relaly bothered me, each to their own, either way, it will look cool
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 05:44 AM   #47
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

I saw AW when I was is the US 2 weeks ago. It looked really stunning. However....a lot depends on where you will drive the car. Where I live it would too flash and I'd be assumed to be a wannabe Man Utd player who can't afford a more expensive car. Several M U players live around here.

I've gone for Sapphire Black 3.0D M Sport, delivery has just been pulled forward from mid-Dec to early Oct.
      05-17-2011, 06:19 AM   #48
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRW View Post
I ordered a carbon black 30d M Sport early in April and it should finally arrive sometime mid December.

I didn't even consider AW, not sure why, my wife suggested it's a bit feminine and I'm not one to diasagree with her.

I've never owned a white car and I do admit that based on the great pics posted here that the X3 looks nice in that colour. I was torn between silver or the CB/DB options and opted for carbon black simply because it is unique to the M Sport after all. As for cleaning, I've had a few black cars and its never relaly bothered me, each to their own, either way, it will look cool
Carbon Black 30d X3 M Sport will look awesome, and as you said, more unique. I've seen it on an X5 and it looked good, particularly with the DRLs. Sorry about the long wait but it will be worth it

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 06:31 AM   #49
Powerrunner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i 2011

You should buy the color that you feel best behind the wheel. I love both the white and metallic black that I ended up with. Was leaning towards white since it is much easier to keep clean, or at least looks clean when it is dirty as compared to black. When Black is cleaned Wow, looks great, also given to black plastic trim around the X3 outside the entire car is black. With white you still have the black trim around the wheel wells, etc., I wish this trim was all white on the white X3. Thats just my preference.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #50
zlee11
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i

I've owned 4 White BMWs and 1 Space Gray. The new X3 I just ordered is white. Easy to maintain and I never get board. I really need to ask, if you want to commit to black, why would you not pick jet black? The carbon (metallic) black always looks dirty to me. Regardless of color, you should get to know Zaino products. They make great stuff. I found with my white cars, I only needed to apply twice a year. They make different formulas for light a dark color cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #51
jlr_1304
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlee11 View Post
if you want to commit to black, why would you not pick jet black?
Jet black cannot be ordered with m-sport.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #52
jackab
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Indi Red M5

Carbon Black M Sport with Oyster and fineline wood ordered TODAY!!!! So there's my vote for ya!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 11:03 PM   #53
Penso di no
lapsed
Rep
Drives: Yes

Definitely carbon for me. Otherwise I know I'd start calling it Moby.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #54
jackab
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Indi Red M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilfan View Post
Help! Losing sleep, Staring at photos!

Obviously this is a personal opinion for everyone but after seeing ChitownX's pics of Carbon Black M-Sport I can't decide if I have made the right decision to go with AW for my M-Sport.

AW looks amazing but now seeing the CB I'm on fence again... I will have to decide soon as this is taking all my mental energy right now.

Anyone else with the same dilemma??
OMG! I was doing exactly the same thing as you but finally pulled the buying trigger last Saturday going with Carbon Black with Oyster and fineline wood. I believe it will be a perfect compromise - didn't want black interior as too manly (I'm female), which is also why I didn't go for the Alpine White exterior as it looks a little too girly and showy for my taste. Plus I have to be careful about image as I sell real estate for a living - pulling up in a BMW already has it's challenges with a few clients (OK, so it's an M5) but I make no apologies for what I drive. So anyways, there's my perspective for you - hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #55
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackab View Post
OMG! I was doing exactly the same thing as you but finally pulled the buying trigger last Saturday going with Carbon Black with Oyster and fineline wood. I believe it will be a perfect compromise - didn't want black interior as too manly (I'm female), which is also why I didn't go for the Alpine White exterior as it looks a little too girly and showy for my taste. Plus I have to be careful about image as I sell real estate for a living - pulling up in a BMW already has it's challenges with a few clients (OK, so it's an M5) but I make no apologies for what I drive. So anyways, there's my perspective for you - hope this helps!
Nice to see a real estate agent driving something other than a Lexus.

I wouldn't say alpine white is girly, I'm biased I guess since mine's white. A good friend of mine also drives an M5 and it's white exterior with red interior, the guy is Irish rocking a grisly red beard (he's a ginger) and I don't think he's ever considered the white M5 he drives as not being manly enough for him.
Appreciate 0