BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-11-2018, 09:38 AM   #1
mikeysix
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F30 318d m sport

Garage List
Dash rattle

Hi all. I have been searching the net in the hope of a resolution but the f25 doesn’t seem to have many threads or posts on dash rattles. Basically the noise thats driving me mental is coming from what sounds like the vents under the front windscreen. Depending on road surface its a constant tap/rattle then when I come to a stop there is a constant faint buzz/rattle which I assume that whatever is loose is resonating. I have had it into the dealer who said it was fixed but within 2 mins of leaving the dealership it was clear it was not. I have had all the centre dash components out, screen, dvd player, ac controls. Top speaker cover off, speaker out. I have taken the glove box out also but can still hear it. My next thought was the blower under the dash but don’t fancy tackling that! Surely someone on here has had the same issue. There are a few posts that sound very similar but a response or resolution never manages to come too light....

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 09:40 PM   #2
Teedee
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d F31 M Sport pkg

I have a very similar rattle which I have not yet resolved and is also driving me nuts. Have you or anybody resolved rattles in their dashes?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 07:53 AM   #3
TheCoolX3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X3 35i M-Sport

Garage List
Does it rattle with the AC on? Try various settings in the AC system to see if you can isolate it down to that.

I am willing to bet a screw fell down there or a piece of plastic chipped off something and is causing your endless headaches.
Appreciate 0