BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-28-2018, 01:39 PM   #1
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

ACC With Stop and Go

OK, maybe my last question for the day. Can ACC be retrofitted. If so, has anyone done it, and what was the cost. Thanks in advance.
      04-28-2018, 08:26 PM   #2
MichiganMike
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2016 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
There are a number of threads discussing the possibility of retrofitting active cruise control to BMW models with out this feature. Below is a link to one of these threads although not directly related to the F25 X3.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1238606

In theory a ACC Stop & Go retrofit is possible, but there are a number of parts that may need to be installed and the list of parts is not definitive from the sources that I have consulted. Finding these parts used, will not be easy and buying these new will likely be over $2K for parts alone. Getting these parts installed and working properly is another potentially costly hurdle. Improper installation may present a safety hazard. This is not something that I would try on my wife's car. YMMV.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2018, 08:46 PM   #3
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganMike View Post
There are a number of threads discussing the possibility of retrofitting active cruise control to BMW models with out this feature. Below is a link to one of these threads although not directly related to the F25 X3.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1238606

In theory a ACC Stop & Go retrofit is possible, but there are a number of parts that may need to be installed and the list of parts is not definitive from the sources that I have consulted. Finding these parts used, will not be easy and buying these new will likely be over $2K for parts alone. Getting these parts installed and working properly is another potentially costly hurdle. Improper installation may present a safety hazard. This is not something that I would try on my wife's car. YMMV.
Sounds like good advice MM.