BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-03-2012, 06:48 AM   #1
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i GT

Question Incentives for 1st time buyers?

From what I can tell, the current incentives on an X3 28i are only for lease and loyalty buyers. Does BMW programs during the year that provide incentives for cash 1st time buyers?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
scotta2
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY2013 F25 X3 M Sport

Uk deals

I was offered 8% off list price pre-tax then negotiated a trade in price for my XC60. Quite happy with all the figures and much more discount on offer than that given by Audi.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

I wasn't offered any 'additional' incentive over my negotiations when I purchased. The sales guy knew we were moving from Acura/Honda to BMW.

As a sidebar scotta2, how did the XC60 compare to the X3. That car (T6) was actually #2 on my shopping list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotta2 View Post
I was offered 8% off list price pre-tax then negotiated a trade in price for my XC60. Quite happy with all the figures and much more discount on offer than that given by Audi.
      12-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
micosilver
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnestHouse View Post
From what I can tell, the current incentives on an X3 28i are only for lease and loyalty buyers. Does BMW programs during the year that provide incentives for cash 1st time buyers?
Currently there is no conquest program, but they do it every now and then. Right now there is Holiday Cash, which is available to first time buyers.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
scotta2
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY2013 F25 X3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
I wasn't offered any 'additional' incentive over my negotiations when I purchased. The sales guy knew we were moving from Acura/Honda to BMW.

As a sidebar scotta2, how did the XC60 compare to the X3. That car (T6) was actually #2 on my shopping list.
I have to say that the Volvo was a fairly decent car, the 5 cylinder twin turbo diesel produced 205BHP (now 215). The model I owned was an R Design SE premium geartronic and was loaded with extras. This was my first venture into a non germanic marque and I felt that although it was indeed an excellent car it lacked the engineering quality I was used to. The plastics were slightly inferior as was the sat nav and gearbox. The running costs were significantly higher interms of servicing and fuel consumption. Volvo demands an annual service irrespective of milage covered!!

The X 3 2.0Ltr diesel is remarkable in that it is powerful, efficient and produces the lowest emissions in its class. The 8 speed automatic transmission is also streets ahead of the Volvo.

In essence I would say that having owned and used both I think you have undoubtedly opted for the best.
Appreciate 0