BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
Robocheme
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 28i, 2014 X1 sDrive

How are you treated if you bought your X3 from a different dealer?

If you bought your X3 from Dealer A, but you have it serviced at Dealer B, how does Dealer B treat you? Do they still give you a loaner? What kind of loaner?

I've never owned a BMW, so I don't even know if getting a loaner is a given.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

It seems to depend on the dealership. For me, I get a loaner and it's been a BMW 335i each time. Dealer B didn't mention a thing about it not being purchased there.
      12-18-2011, 03:04 AM   #3
thefreeze
Hans
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 2.0D

Isn't service what they make their money with?
X3 20D auto High Executive. Moonroof, privacy glass, sport seats, professional audio & sat nav, 19" 309 wheels summer, 18" 307 winter, X-Line, Xenon, parking heater. Mineral Silver / Oyster leather interior, wave trim. V70 2.5T (private)
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 07:47 AM   #4
obtix
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 28i

I can't speak for BMW but for Acura... I bought my car from one dealer due to price but absolutely hated the dealer and had it serviced at another. The other dealer treated me well and did a great job.

Unless something changed, my understanding is that when it comes to warranty stuff there is a "book" that tells the dealer how long it takes to fix it. Say a broken hose, 15 minutes. They get reimbursed from corporate for that 15 minutes regardless of if it takes them 5 minutes or 30 minutes. Not sure how it works when troubleshooting is involved... May be totally off here for BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #5
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

I wonder if you flipped this ie you bought your car from another country and transfered warranty to your country's dealer how they would treat you. Any experience?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
Botwin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 WRX Limited

I bought the car from Dealer A. I cant speak highly enough about them. They are great, but they are 1.5 hours away.

I would sometimes take the E83 to Dealer B for minor things like oil changes, etc., since they are close by. Every time I would do this, I would receive a phone call telling me I need this, that, etc. Most of these things they said I "needed" were not necessary, and not even part of the recommended maintenance schedule in the owners manual. Sometimes they would tell me I needed something that was just done! (I loved pointing that out)

The last straw was when there was a minor oil leak. Apparently the oil filter housing gasket was leaking. Dealer B quoted me more than $900 to fix! I knew that was BS, so I went to the trusted Dealer A, and they did the same repair for $300. I am pretty much done with Dealer B...
Appreciate 0